We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large family accommodations

Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
Large family accommodations

I am looking for recommendations where to stay near rapid city, or central to all the attractions, that can accommodate a large family-11 total. I think the kids would love a pool but it is not a must have. I am wondering if a vacation rental home would be the best way to go.

Cedarville, Ohio
Level Contributor
588 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Large family accommodations

We are a family of five and found a two bedroom room in the Fairfield Inn in Rapid City. They have several of them...you might use two of them...that would give you four bedrooms and two living rooms with pullout couches. That would accommodate 12. These rooms balcony the largest indoor waterpark in SD.

Mentioned in this post
Rapid City
Rapid City
South Dakota
Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
6,164 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Large family accommodations

Personally, I think a rental home is the way to go. We get this question frequently, and here's a recent link to an inquiry on here that I think will be of help to you:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g54645-i2851-k6083…

Personally, I would not stay in Rapid City. Keystone, Hill City or Custer are much more centrally located.

Also, regarding the link I supplied, please note that Mt. Mama visits the Black Hills annually (sometimes more) and frequently rents cabins. She is very well versed in this area and provides excellent detail.

Good luck. I'm sure you will be able to find something to suit your needs. Let us know if we can help further.

Mentioned in this post
Rapid City
Rapid City
South Dakota
Keystone
Keystone
South Dakota
Hill City
Hill City
South Dakota
Custer
Custer
South Dakota
The Black Hills
The Black Hills
South Dakota
3. Re: Large family accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2014, 06:16