We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If i only knew

Which Rapid City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
3 posts
Save Topic
If i only knew

The first three weeks of Sep. 2013, i will be leaving KY.for the grand canyon on Rt.40. This will be my first trip west. I think i have almost everything i might need? For those who have made a long trip, what do i need to know, that you wish you knew?

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,604 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If i only knew

I would post this inquiry on the road trips forum since you will be travelling a long distance through many states.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

Pennsylvania’s...
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If i only knew

Have a good set of maps....I love Microsoft Streets& Trip Software in planning stage..

Interstate 40 i assume.....Planning is the secret of good or bad success....of your trip...

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If i only knew

Agree that pre planning makes a big difference! If I had a dollar for every negative review written on Tripadvsor from someone who didn't research ahead of time;-)!

Plan your route, then start researching the stops you want to make. Check reviews and websites. No point stopping someplace that won't interest you, and you don't want to miss something that will interest you.

And, like slrtravelplanner stated above, post on road trips forum to get advice:-).

4. Re: If i only knew

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2014, 07:17