We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with Itinerary Houston to Mt. Rushmore

Houston
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need help with Itinerary Houston to Mt. Rushmore

Planning a trip to Mt Rushmore from Houston Tx. Any suggestions on what route to take? We could drive pretty much due north, but scenery might be lacking. Considered going thru Colorado, but may be too much out of way. Any suggestions of route and sights along the route, hotels, food, etc.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with Itinerary Houston to Mt. Rushmore

There may be others on here who can help you. If not, I would post this question on the road trips forum. They are good at sorting out these long drives.

Apple Valley...
Level Contributor
789 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with Itinerary Houston to Mt. Rushmore

I do not know about scenery but certainly interesting places to stop and explore along the way if you have not before, such as KC and St Joseph, MO, home of the Pony Express and some Jesse James history. I would do whatever route also brings you in via the Badlands to see that as well although some enjoy Scotts Bluff Natl Monument in Nebraska.

3. Re: Need help with Itinerary Houston to Mt. Rushmore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Rapid City