We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Falls Park light show

Missouri
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Falls Park light show

We are planning our August vacation and have decided to stay a Friday night in Sioux Falls. As we have been reading the reviews, we have noticed others talking about a light show in the evening at the Falls, however we can't find any information on it. Can someone enghten us on this? Also we will be needing a hotel close by, any suggestions? Out party consists of disabled husband, myself and our small dog. Is there anywhere else we need to check out while in town?

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Falls Park light show

As of this past April, the light show was going to be permanently cancelled. This might be why you can't find anything about it. I have not heard whether or not this decision was reversed. If anyone else is reading this and knows differently, hopefully they will chime in. You could also call the visitor center at Falls Park and ask. They would surely know. That number is 605-367-7430.

In my opinion, Falls Park is the only "wow" attraction in Sioux Falls, so it depends on how long you want to be in town. There are other smaller-scale attractions. Among these are the St. Joseph Cathedral, Butterfly House, Pettigrew Mansion, downtown sculpture walk and Courthouse Museum. The cathedral was recently renovated and people who have been there since the remodeling are very pleased. Your husband will be able to do the free observation tower in Falls Park as it has an elevator.

Hotels: A friend likes the Center Inn and it is in the same general part of town. She is a very particular person and has stayed there many, many times. My parents like the Brimark Inn. The Brimark and the falls are both on the north side of town. The Brimark is considered "budget" lodging, but it rates very well on Trip Advisor. If you want something more luxurious, the downtown Holiday Inn would be near the falls. I haven't spent the night there, so I can't vouch for the rooms. The lobby and the pool areas are very nice. If you want something REALLY high end, the Sheraton is on the north end of town (not far from the Brimark), but again, I haven't stayed there.

Missouri
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Falls Park light show

Thanks for the info on the light show. We will look into the hotels you have mentioned. Sorry the light show has been cancelled, I am sure it would have been pretty to watch, however we are still looking forward to seeing the falls.

3. Re: Falls Park light show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 03:15
Get answers to your questions about Sioux Falls
More Sioux Falls Topics