We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best campground

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
758 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Best campground

We will be in Spearfish for 3 nights next summer, and we will be traveling in an RV. Any campground recommendations with full hookup? There seem to be a lot in the area, so I'm not sure where to start.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best campground

Are you limiting your search to Spearfish and the northern region?

Although I'm not a camper, many on this forum like camping in Custer State Park. I have also heard positive comments about Rafter J and Palmer Gulch. Both are near Hill City. Here are some links:

…sd.gov/state-parks/…

www.palmergulch.com

www.rafterj.com

I have not read too much feedback on the campgrounds in the northern region, so I am not sure what to tell you if you are limiting your search to the Spearfish, Deadwood or Lead areas.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
758 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best campground

Thanks for your feedback! We will also be spending a few nights in the Custer area, so we will check out the ones you mention.

La Porte, IN
Level Contributor
105 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best campground

Outside of Spearfish there is a place called Elkhorn that offers RV parking and it looked nice.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best campground

Kinda late to this post, but the City of Spearfish has a campground near downtown...

United States
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best campground

We've stayed at Chris' Camp and it's very nice. Convenient to shopping, lots of shade, and it has a petting zoo. Just don't come during the rally!

http://chriscampground.com/

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
758 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best campground

We ended up staying at the Spearfish City Campground. It was great! The grounds were beautiful. We had a full hookup right by the river. We walked to the fish hatchery, and we could walk into town for dinner.

7. Re: Best campground

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2016, 15:15