We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabins in Custer State Park

Which Sturgis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pompano Beach...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cabins in Custer State Park

Has anyone stayed in the cabins at one of the resorts in Custer State Park?

I see there are four different resorts inside the park. I have been reading mixed reviews on each of the resort cabins, and still not sure which one to stay in.

I am booking for Sturgis and am hoping someone can provide me with some past experiences on which resort/cabin to say.

Thanks

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,846 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cabins in Custer State Park

Have you read the reviews of each of these cabins in the Custer forum? The Game Lodge and Legion Lake Resort reviews are under "Hotels" and Blue Bell Lodge and Sylvan Lake Lodge are under "Hotels - Specialty Lodging". The Game Lodge has 202 reviews; the Legion Lake Resort has 56 reviews; Blue Bell Lodge has 110 reviews and Sylvan Lake Lodge has 179 reviews. Unless you have a specific question about a particular property, these reviews should pretty much cover anyone's "past experiences".

Pompano Beach...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cabins in Custer State Park

Yes, thank you. I have read all the review for each resort. The reviews are pretty much the same for each. I was particularly interested in the Blue Bell, until I started reading the review about yellow jackets and mice:)

I was hoping to get feedback from someone who stayed at one or more of the resorts.

Thank you

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,403 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cabins in Custer State Park

Hi Fred, hopefully someone will answer your Custer cabin questions, but don't be surprised if you don't get any responses. Typically, when someone asks for a recommendation for things such as a good RV rental company or a good experience at a particular hotel, they don't get many responses as people who have vacationed in the Hills don't usually check back on this forum. Those of us who are regulars on here have not necessarily stayed in these places, so we may not be of much help. Longhorn is correct that your best source is probably going to be the TA reviews for each property.

Is your heart set on staying in Custer State Park? Mountain Mama (a regular poster) has written up a list of cabin recommendations in various Black Hills locations. If you're interested in checking it out, you can click on this link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28962-i673-k65509…

Her post is the first response to the original poster's question.

I hope you find something that works and again, I hope I'm wrong and someone else will give you the information you need.

4. Re: cabins in Custer State Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 06:19