We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in March

Mesquite
Level Contributor
622 posts
Save Topic
Weather in March

We are going to the Nascar race in Bristol in March. Being from Texas, I am concerned about the weather. We really don't have a ton of winter clothes. Anyone know about driving in bad weather? Are we going to have problems?

Sher

Mentioned in this post
Bristol
Bristol
Tennessee
Texas
Texas
United States
Elkridge, Maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in March

I am going to the race also, and from looking at averages it should be in the high-50's during the day and in the 30's at night. I would hope that in mid-March there wouldn't be any driving problems related to weather, but being from the East coast, a late winter storm is always a possibility! I'm praying for nice weather and no rain delays as I have to drive to FL to catch up with the family since it's spring break in my neck of the woods. Have a safe drive and enjoy the race. Don

Tennessee Ridge...
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in March

One just never knows about the weather here in March! I have seen it be 75-80 degrees, and I have seen blizzards in March! My best advice would be watch the weather patterns as the time draws near, and plan to dress in layers, as the ususal March weather is warm during the day, but cooler in the mornings and evenings.

I hope you enjoy the race!

Southern N J
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in March

I think is was last year but I'm not sure but I remember Kurt Busch doing snow angels on the track after winning the March race. So I guess you never know.

Ontario
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in March

Ive attended the bristol spring race for 10 years and one thing is for certain you cant count on the weather. I'm from canada and we always pack our snow gear ,boots ,gloves and winter hats but you also have to pack shorts and tshirts . If you are camping pay attention to the weather reports close to your trip . as for driving acess to the track and the surrounding area is always good . They do a first rate job on traffic control . Enjoy.

5. Re: Weather in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 14:21
Get answers to your questions about Bristol