We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant reviews, PLEASE???

Washington, DC
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurant reviews, PLEASE???

Hi, everyone.

My husband & I are big foodies...traveling to Watauga Lake in late August/early-Sept for some R&R. We love to eat out. Other than Monsoon, which seems to be a favorite, would someone please review some of these places? We love just about any cuisine, though we try to stay away from chains.

Thanks!

Watauga Lake Restaurants - Lakefront & Lakeview

Captain's Table

2340 Highway 321, Hampton, Tennessee

Cove Ridge Grill

Butler, Tennessee

Watauga Lake Restaurants - Off-Water

Dry Hill General Store & Deli

Family-priced deli sandwiches, breakfast & lunch

Fish Tales at the Lake

Hampton, Tennessee

Pizza Place

Butler, Tennessee

Shirley's Restaurant

Butler, Tennessee

Watauga Lake Restaurants - Nearby Towns

The Coffee House

Mountain City, Tennessee

(near the Johnson County Court House, Mountain City, Tennessee)

Cook's Cafeteria

Mountain City, Tennessee

(near the 1555 South Shady Street, Mountain City, Tennessee)

Poblano's Mexican Grill

Mountain City, Tennessee

Suba's

Mountain City, Tennessee

Tributary Restaurant

Mountain City, Tennessee

Watauga Lake Winery
Wineries & Vineyards
Wautauga Lake
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Bodies of Water
Butler Museum
Speciality Museums
1 reply
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant reviews, PLEASE???

Trish,

This review comes too late for your visit. If you are visiting Watauga Lake in 2012, I hope you find it helpful. We bought a condo on Watauga Lake several years ago. We visit area eateries to recommend to our guests.

Captain's Table

Good variety of food with emphasis on fried and broiled seafood. Generous portions, good quality, alcohol served, and outstanding lake views. It needs a face lift, but is the best full service restaurant adjacent to the lake. I believe it is closed during the winter.

Dry Hill General Store & Deli

Friendly service, hearty and value priced meals. Local and very casual, they serve a good basic breakfast for about $6. It is not fancy, but it is open year round with descent food, good place for take away sandwiches, and you can get anything from hardware to milk in the store. I stop in every visit.

Pizza Place

Below average pizza.

Shirley's Restaurant

I heard it has a great breakfast, but it is closed except for the peak season. Give it a try especially for breakfast.

The Coffee House

Best lunch in Mountain City! Upscale breakfast and lunch it closes about 3 pm. Good coffee bar, varied menu, good friendly service, popular with the locals, and reasonably priced.

Suba's

The owners are trained Chefs. Absolutely the best place to eat in the area. Moderately priced, good service, no alcohol, and outstanding menu. Recommend reservations on Sunday lunch and possibly Friday or Saturday night. It is a fairly small place, but the food is excellent. Leave room for dessert!

Tributary Restaurant

Another good Mountain City restaurant. Second best dinner behind Suba’s. Very good menu, nice atmosphere, and friendly staff. Moderately priced, they offer an upscale menu breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The building is larger than Suba’s and in the middle of downtown. Good to stop in when shopping.

Enjoy your stay at Wataug Lake.

Joe

Reply to: Restaurant reviews, PLEASE???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Butler
Recent Conversations