We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're coming baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

Orlando
Level Contributor
463 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
We're coming baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

Ok, it's seems us girls didn't get enough of this beautiful area the last time we were there so we're coming back in October!!

A couple things to ask....teehee, for now

Kat-Cubs-Fan....the festival your fellow goes to is the 2nd week in October right?? That's the weekend we'll be there.

Would it be safe to say that on Saturday we'd have time to explore downtown Chickamauga, the battlegrounds and do the Festival?

We also want to do the Riverboat Dinner Cruise.....which leads to my 2nd question...

I know that if I drag my sis-in-law to the battlegrounds I'm gonna have to give in to the Aquarium as a trade off......(dramatic sigh everybody lol) Timewise would it be better to do those two things the same day? At this time I haven't mapped it out.

Thanks....we're also going to be looking for different restaraunts.....We did Sticky Fingers and loved it.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We're coming baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

if you enjoyed sticky fingers you'd worship and adore sportmen's bbq. you ought to be able to take in both the aquarium and chickamauga battlefield in one day. if that is the one you were refering to trading off. enjoy your visit! be aware that the market street bridge is closed and detoured from if you are thinking of crossing there.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,089 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We're coming baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

Hello again,

So glad to hear you're coming back again this fall. That's a sure sign you all had a wonderful time last year. Will you be staying at Hidden Hollow again?

Yes, the festival on the mountain where you met Lamar and Mary Agnes is the 2nd weekend, this year dated Oct. 13 and 14.

Yes, if you get a very early start in the morning, you should be able to cover downtown Chickamauga, the battlefield driving tour, and still make it to the festival too. I'd begin with the driving tour of the battlefield, as they open fairly early. Then, check out the downtown Chickamauga area perhaps eating lunch there, then head to the festival.

Yes, I highly recommend you do the Aquarium and the Riverboat cruise the same day as they are located very close to one another in downtown Chattanooga (you can actually walk from one to the other if you'd like). You may have to check the schedule for the Riverboat cruise on Sundays, if that's the day you plan to do this.

Good luck planning and be sure to write back for any more info you need.

Orlando
Level Contributor
463 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We're coming baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

Yes we are returning to Hidden Hollow. We really loved it there.

We discussed going on to Gatlinburg but decide we missed too much in this beautiful area and decided to come back.

You guys are always a wealth of information......

Ok...Mom wants to do a train ride and I do see that the Tennessee Valley Railroad includes a stop in Chickamauga. Would this be worth combining the two?

Also since lunch on Saturday will most likely be in Chickamauga either way we plan it.....any suggestions?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,089 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We're coming baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

Well, I'm afraid the "stop over" of the train ride to Chickamauga would only allow you time to see the "downtown" area and not the battlefield (located more than three miles away from the downtown area). About the only way to do this is to tour the battlefield first, then drive to the TVRM in Chattanooga to ride the train to Chickamauga and back to TVRM. This will take the better part of the day, and you probably wouldn't make it to the festival that day.

As far as lunch recommendations in Chickamauga, sadly I really don't know much. I'm rarely in the town during the day, but I'm sure you could find something within walking distance of the train station.

Orlando
Level Contributor
463 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We're coming baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

Thanks Kat...as you can tell we're just at the "kicking ideas around" stage.

All 4 agree on Chichamauga, the festival and the riverboat. We will probably do as we did last year when it comes to the festival...go to the early service in Rising Fawn, the festival then maybe then on into Chattanooga. I'm sure either I or Rocky's mom will be back at some point with more questions.

6. Re: We're coming baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 17:19
Get answers to your questions about Chattanooga
Recent Conversations