We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safest/worst areas of Chattanooga?

Missouri
Level Contributor
39 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Safest/worst areas of Chattanooga?

Planning on visiting the area for the first time--know NOTHING about the area so want to stay in an area that is safe and quiet. Unless there is a really good low cost motel will probably do Airbnb so likely a residential area.

Where to avoid--where to stay?

THANKS

3 replies to this topic
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga
Level Contributor
738 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safest/worst areas of Chattanooga?

Stay in North shore for air b&b- do not stay in a random “near downtown” listing- too big an area and you may or may not like it. Get us a street name and we can tell you more- feel free to private message when you get an address. As I tell everyone, much better to pay the additional and stay in one of the Downtown hotels where you are close to everything and can walk to the Bluff View arts district, north shore, aquarium, restaurants, riverfront, rent bikes- now that it’s warmer you can rent paddle boards across from the aquarium, ride the duck boat- parking can be at a premium so best to stay downtown and not have to worry about it.

Mentioned in this post
Bluff View Inn
Bluff View Inn
209 Reviews
Chattanooga, TN
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,912 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safest/worst areas of Chattanooga?

I agree with the downtown area. Alternative is the Northshore.

The town area is convenient to many of the area activities, there is a comp. shuttle that takes you all around town and the Northshore area.

www.chattanoogafun.com

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
433 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safest/worst areas of Chattanooga?

Your Airbnb B should specify one of these areas: Southside, Central City, Riverfront, or North Shore. I might even consider St. Elmo and Red Bank.

Reply to: Safest/worst areas of Chattanooga?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted