We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary weekend June 16-18

S.C.
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Anniversary weekend June 16-18

I have 2 nights stay booked at river bluff inn - but I now am worried about the music festival crowds as the festival ends Saturday night. I have a reservation for dinner at back inn cafe that night so I’m planning on staying close to hotel . My original plan was to have a lazy Sunday morning, do the noon ducks tour for a good starting point and spend Sunday walking through downtown,stopping for a craft beer and having a nice dinner Sunday night. We like walking vacations and are content with going with the flow, stopping where we find something interesting,etc. I had planned to go to Rock City Monday morning and heading to Atlanta around lunch time. But I’m wondering if it would be better to do to rock city Sunday, and the evening duck tour Sunday night ,then dinner.? Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
9,425 posts
151 reviews
1. Re: Anniversary weekend June 16-18

The last night of Riverbend is 16 June. The town will clear out.... all except the roadblocks. That happens after all the "mess" is cleaned up.

You would be better not going downtown Saturday night. Sunday will be much calmer.

Bluff View is awesome. There will be people all around waiting for the fireworks. When they are over, all will be calm.

Sunday morning should be good to go except for cleanup.

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga
Level Contributor
820 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Anniversary weekend June 16-18

Your plan sounds perfect to me! You should have no problems associated with Riverbend staying at the Bluff View- love the Back Inn- take a stroll in the sculpture garden and enjoy the river views (you will be facing away from the Riverbend venue there) and definitely try to see the fireworks- it is normally a fantastic display. Enjoy your stay!

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
507 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Anniversary weekend June 16-18

I agree with Delta. Your plan sounds good. I might call ahead to the Bluff View Inn to make sure they are keeping their entry street and parking open (and patrolled) for guests. Traffic will be "difficult" on Saturday night.

Pay no attention to all the trash left behind from the fireworks crowd. It's pretty bad.

S.C.
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Anniversary weekend June 16-18

Thanks so much! Will stick to original plan and go ahead and book ducks tour. Good ideas about calling hotel too,regarding access.

Reply to: Anniversary weekend June 16-18
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted