We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice moderate kid friendly hotel downtown ???

Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Nice moderate kid friendly hotel downtown ???

I will be in Chattanooga the end of September and would like a moderate hotel in the downtown area. We are traveling with our two kids, 7 & 10 yrs old.

Thanks.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,315 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice moderate kid friendly hotel downtown ???

I do not know where moderate falls in $$$. With a family of 4, I think of the Marriott Residence Inn, Hilton Garden Inn and The Bluff View Bed & Breakfast Inn. These are all in good walking distance of the major sights.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice moderate kid friendly hotel downtown ???

Yeah, how do you define "moderate"? Most hotels within walking distance of the waterfront will be somewhere around $120-130. If you are looking for something cheaper than that you could stay in Lookout Valley, a little more than five minutes from downtown, where prices are a little cheaper (depending on the location around or less than $100).

Kristian

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,919 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice moderate kid friendly hotel downtown ???

If you truly want a nice downtown hotel, your choices are somewhat limited, and as stated above, not likely to find under $150 per night.

Hilton Garden Inn, Residence Inn Marriott, Sheraton Read House, the Clarion/Doubletree (which ever name it's currently going by), and the Staybridge Suites are about the only really good choices in the downtown area.

Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice moderate kid friendly hotel downtown ???

I was considering the Bluff View Inn, what about the Marriott CourtYard? I am looking to spend no more than 130.00/night.

Thanks.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,919 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice moderate kid friendly hotel downtown ???

The Marriott Courtyard is fine as well, but it caters to business travelers a little more than families.

Just be aware of their policies and amenities.

6. Re: Nice moderate kid friendly hotel downtown ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Chattanooga