We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chattanooga TN hotel with view fitting for anniversary

Pulaski, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Topic
Chattanooga TN hotel with view fitting for anniversary

My husband and I are taking his parents on a 50th Wedding anniversary trip, as this is where they would like to go. His parents have never visited Chattanooga so we want to do take them to a few attractions but need quiet, romantic accommodations for a 50th anniversary couple , any suggestions?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chattanooga TN hotel with view fitting for anniversary

Fifty years! That's awesome.

Since I'm a local I haven't had any personal experience with these, but you may want to look into them: Courtyard (downtown), Bluff View Inn, Bavarian Sky Harbor Inn, Delta Queen, Stonefort Inn.

What kind of attractions are you looking for? A zoo or aquarium? A nature preserve or historic site? Popular spots or places off the beaten path?

Two things I know I can recommend: (1) spending a good amount of time (a day or two or three evenings) walking around the riverfront and (2) taking an ecocruise into the Tennessee River Gorge.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chattanooga TN hotel with view fitting for anniversary

Hi tastytravels,

Although I've never been here, my frind raves about The Bluff View Inn. Go to the district website and check out their nice looking packages.

www.bluffviewartdistrict.com

Bob

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chattanooga TN hotel with view fitting for anniversary

>>> Since I'm a local I haven't had any personal experience with these, but you may want to look into them: Courtyard (downtown), Bluff View Inn, Bavarian Sky Harbor Inn, Delta Queen, Stonefort Inn. <<<

We visit a lot, and have stayed at a few places.

The Courtyard is comfortable, but ordinary.

The Bluff View Inn is lovely, quiet, nice atmosphere.

The Sky Harbor is small, sort of quaint, and has a nice view. Also very economical, but not "romantic" nor walking distance to the River.

The Delta Queen & Stonefort I have not stayed.

You might also want to consider the Read House. (Sheraton). It does not have a view of the River, but is conveniently located just a few blocks AND on free trolley, and is VERY romantic, enchanting, and very historical. Very comfortable as well. We have had more than one anniversary there, including this Summer.

Congratulations to your parents!

Have fun,

Miller

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,919 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chattanooga TN hotel with view fitting for anniversary

What you are describing is The Bluff View Inn in the Bluff View Arts District.

Another suggestion would be to stay on the Delta Queen. It is docked on the Tennessee River at Coolige Park.

5. Re: Chattanooga TN hotel with view fitting for anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2010, 05:25
Get answers to your questions about Chattanooga
Recent Conversations