We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls weekend in Chattanooga

Which Chattanooga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
Level Contributor
25 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Girls weekend in Chattanooga

Hi all!

My mom, sis, SIL and I are coming to Chattanooga in mid-October for a girls weekend. Ages 40-70. We're sorting out our options. Many of the hotels look lovely and we'll do the traditional attractions to start.

Would there be any cabin type accomodations with a mini-kitchen and full bath facilities? We all like to camp and can all cook so this might be a fun option. We all get along great so can share rooms w/o any problems. Thanks so much!

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls weekend in Chattanooga

Hi mom2rocky,

We look forward to having you three come over to stay with us here in Chattanooga. Please feel free to ask for any info I might be able to help you with. Of course, you have plenty of time.

You won't find too many cabins in Chattanooga. However, check out these two:

www.vrbo.com/35210

www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/5375

Hope these help a little.

Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls weekend in Chattanooga

I would go for Eagle's Nest. You may want to reserve your dates now. Chattanooga is a beautiful place in the fall.

Orlando
Level Contributor
463 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls weekend in Chattanooga

Hi, I'm the baby of the group (hish Mom2Rocky or I'll send Mom up to "help" you) coming up from Florida for the girl's weekend. We know we're going to Ruby Falls, Lookout Mountain and Rock City for sure. We had also seen 'SOUTHERN BELLE' RIVERBOAT and thought it looked fun. Is this worth the $$$?

Thanks we can't wait to visit your wonderful city!!

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls weekend in Chattanooga

I would buy a multipass (I forget what they are actually called) that gets you into Ruby Falls, Rock City, and the Incline up Lookout Mtn. That will save you some money. The three of those will probably take up at least 3/4 of one day.

The Southern Belle would be a nice evening dinner cruise. We have done it a couple of times. I believe the cost is around $38 per person for prime rib and a buffet dinner. Again, nice but I think overpriced. There is some nice scenery on the trip however. As a 2nd option you might consider a lunch cruise. Lots cheaper but the food is also lighter fare (for example it might be pizza). October will also probably be sweater weather to be outside on the Southern Belle.

IF, it's a sure thing that you want to go to Ruby and Rock City I might be able to help with tickets. Until 2 years ago my wife worked in marketing for 10 years at the TN aquarium and then Ruby Falls.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls weekend in Chattanooga

The multi-pass is a good idea if you do want to see all the places. Personally, I don't much care for Ruby Falls; to me people who don't like caves so much won't like it, and people who do like caves will want a more "authentic" experience. Rock City is a definite yes. I luv the Aquarium, and there's the brand new Ocean Journey that they've added on now.

BC

Missouri
Level Contributor
25 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls weekend in Chattanooga

LOL! She's not the youngest!! Our SIL is - but good try sis!!

Thanks for all the input everybody. And the offer for the tickets. I'll be in FL next week with 3 out of 4 of us to at least book our accomodations.

Do you have any suggestions as to the best place to purchase the combo tickets?

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls weekend in Chattanooga

I beleave you can purchase them at any of the attractions that they are for. I would suggest calling the fist attraction you plan on visiting and see if they sell them and if their are any online or preorder discounts on them. ;)

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls weekend in Chattanooga

Go to www.rubyfalls.com.

Adult tickets are $26 for Ruby/Rock City;

$35 for Ruby/Rock City/Incline.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girls weekend in Chattanooga

You may also want to buy them before hand so you don't have to wait in line. I often hear complaints of people having to wait in line at the aquaruim for half an hour or more on bad days.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Girls weekend in Chattanooga

OH YEAH, they are right...

The lines at all those attractions minus the incline can get very very long just for tickets on "hot" or in season days.

I would also suggest preorder by some means if available!

P.S. I think ruby falls has a combo ticket for all the major attractions rubyfalls/rockcity/aquarium/incline/imax and discovery museum. I bet it is the most exspenive also. I would only buy it if you KNOW FOR SURE your gonna do it all.

Get answers to your questions about Chattanooga