We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chattanooga Activities for Children

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Chattanooga Activities for Children

Here is a great website for family activities in Chattanooga.

http://www.chattanoogafamilyadventures.com/

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chattanooga Activities for Children

Thats a really nice site.

BUT

What abour including

Lake Winnie

Sir Goonies

Coolidge Park

Racoon Mtn

and many other attractions other than the major ones?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chattanooga Activities for Children

Those are all arguable attractions...

I wouldn't reccoment Gonnies for visitor to Chattanooga, maybe Lake Winnie (depends). Most of the attractions on Racoon Mtn are closed now except for raccon mtn. caving (am I right about this?). Coolidge park and the whole riverfront area is a must, though.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chattanooga Activities for Children

Actually racoon mtn has a campground, caverns and a fun center! some of the attractions are gone but the go-carts etc.

I WOULD recommend sir goonies if somone wanted to take their kids for a game off minutre golf. Please name an alternitive mini golf here in chattanooga?

Lake winnie is a world reknowned family amusment park! It has a classic coaster that is recognised throughout the world. One of the very first flume style rides and lots of things for the family to do! Free parking and very inexpensive for a park!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chattanooga Activities for Children

There is a miniature golf course in Lake Winnie...

Chattanooga
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Chattanooga Activities for Children

I work in PR for in Chattanooga tourism and was present at the meeting that put together www.chattanoogafamilyadventures.com.

Essentially, it is an promotion the Chattanoova Convention and Visitors Bureau put together. Several of the attractions that were mentioned are not members.

As for Lake Winnie, they are members and only sometimes participate. They were invited to participate, but didn't attend the meeting that set everything up. Due to space and graphic concerns, they could only highlight a few of the local attractions and focused on the big sellers, The Aquarium, Rock City, Creative Discovery Museum, and Ruby Falls. Many of the attractions that are not highlighted were included under the itinerary section of the web site.

Please visit www.chattanoogafun.com and explore the local CVB members.

Get answers to your questions about Chattanooga