We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chattanooga hotel within walking distance of aquarium

Twinsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Chattanooga hotel within walking distance of aquarium

Need to find a nice hotel within walking distance of the aquarium, nice/safe neighborhood, outdoor pool would be great too. I will be traveling alone with my 17 year old daughter. Plan to visit Ruby Falls and Rock City too.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,976 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chattanooga hotel within walking distance of aquarium

To be within walking distance of the aquarium I would suggest either the Hilton Garden Inn, Marriott Courtyard or Residence Inn. All are on Chestnut St. and very near the aquarium and other attractions downtown.

nashville
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chattanooga hotel within walking distance of aquarium

I was wondering about the Clarion. It is also on Chestnut, but is it withinh walking distance to the Aquarium? TIA!

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chattanooga hotel within walking distance of aquarium

It is very close, only a couple of blocks from the Aquarium. It is across the street from the Creative Discovery Museum.

Twinsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chattanooga hotel within walking distance of aquarium

I can get a very big discount at the Sheraton Read House. Is it close enought to walk to the aquarium? Is it in a safe neighborhood? Nice hotel?

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Chattanooga hotel within walking distance of aquarium

Good choice for your hotel. The Read House has been recently renovated. During the day, the area is safe. It is a little far to walk to the aguarium, but the free shuttle is available. I would be cautious in the area at night.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,681 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chattanooga hotel within walking distance of aquarium

The Read House is essentially nine blocks from the aquarium. However it is flat, level walking.

If you decide nine blocks is too far to walk, there is a free electric shuttle that runs down Broad Street where the Read House is located which can take you almost to the aquarium's front door.

If you can get a decent rate at the Read House, I'd take it.

Twinsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chattanooga hotel within walking distance of aquarium

$65.00 per night. It's not a safe location in the evening? Hs me a little worried.

Twinsburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chattanooga hotel within walking distance of aquarium

Will I be able to park my car at the hotel and use the shuttle to get us to the aquarium and the ChooChoo? Will we be safe enough doing this even if we use the shuttle in the evening to get around? What time does the shuttle run to? Thanking everyone in advance for their help.

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Chattanooga hotel within walking distance of aquarium

Here is the shuttle website:

www.carta-bus.org/routes/elec_shuttle.asp

The shuttle ends at 7:30PM and you can use your car if you have something planned for late in the evening. Don't be afraid, but use caution. Stay in well lit areas with people around. I would advise that for walking around any city at night. I hope you and your daughter enjoy your stay in Chattanooga.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,681 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chattanooga hotel within walking distance of aquarium

Common sense, people, common sense!!

Get answers to your questions about Chattanooga