We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"BabyMoon" and Anniversary Combo in Chattanooga

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
542 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
"BabyMoon" and Anniversary Combo in Chattanooga

Hubbie and I are expecting mid-July, and decided to do a weekend "babymoon" and anniversary trip to Chattanooga in mid-May. We've never visited the area, except for passing by on the interstate. The area looks beautiful and we're anxious to explore. Plus, it's a short drive from Atlanta.

Our plans were to stay a Saturday and Sunday evening, stroll around the riverfront area, check out Ruby Falls and Lookout Mountain, and eat. Do lots of eating... I can't enjoy a wine list, hike, hang glide, zip line, or whatever... but I can eat! Lol.

After a little searching on your forum, I've found and love the Stone Fort Inn for a place to stay. We really warm to the cozy, character-filled type of places, and this one looks to have a bit of romantic charm to it. Also have picked up kudos tidbits on Back Inn Cafe, St. John's, and Niko's. We're not "foodies", but would label ourselves more as "gastro-enthusiasts" (lol)... we like restaurants with creative flair to their menus and that push the envelope a bit. And I'm a sucker for anything prepared with a sauce (originally from New Orleans).

So, would love your feedback on the hotel (B&B) and restaurant picks. If you have other suggestions, would love to hear them, too. Also, would be great to hear whether you'd opt to visit these restaurants for lunch or dinner?

As an aside... how much time would you allow to visit Ruby Falls/Lookout Mountain?

Thanks so much and looking forward to our trip in May!

~Tara

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga
Level Contributor
636 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: "BabyMoon" and Anniversary Combo in Chattanooga

Have you thought about staying on the delta queen. Talk about different!

Then you could just bum around the northshore and shuttle into downtown

On the electric shuttle. If not there then IMO the bluff view inn b&b is in a great place. We spend many weekends just kicking around this area. Second most restaurant recommendations with emphasis on the public house. Hope you have a great trip & yes chattanooga is a great place to celebrate anything!

12. Re: "BabyMoon" and Anniversary Combo in Chattanooga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Chattanooga