We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Night Suggestions

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
107 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Night Suggestions

Hi all,

Heading to Chattanooga today for about a week. Actually heading there to potentially scope it out as a place to maybe move to. But while there, we will celebrate our 1 year anniversary. So I wanted to ask you all for a suggestion for a nice romantic day/night. Maybe a great hike during the day, a nice place to check out by the water (the bridge maybe?), and then a nice dinner at night?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Shawn

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
384 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Night Suggestions

Shawn, call The Bluff View Inn www.bluffviewinn.com and plan your evening with dinner at the Back Inn Cafe then dessert at Rembrandt's Coffee House. The Bluff View Arts District, Hunter Museum of American Art and the Walnut Street Bridge are all right there. A good day hike for historical and scenic purposes would begin at the Cravens Home on the side of Lookout Mountain and loop up and around to Point Park atop Lookout Mountain. It's all located within the Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park and information can be found at www.nps.com.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Night Suggestions

The Boathouse is a fun place for lunch on the river. You can walk across the Walnut Street pedestrian bridge and visit the park on the other side. 212 Market is a great place for celebrating. Enjoy your visit.

http://www.212market.com/

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
268 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Night Suggestions

I second everyone's suggestions! AND would add if you want somehintg REALLY FANCY maybe St. Johns. HOWVEVER they are a very uppity place so I would go in there unless you fit into that crowd.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
268 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Night Suggestions

what day u coming I will try to determine a good hike for you but some places only open certain days I need full date!

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
384 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Night Suggestions

Uppity? I haven't read or heard that term in a while. If St. Johns is too uppity then cross the street for Mom's Italian Villa. No jacket required.

Two more choices are Hennen's and Easy Bistro both are near the Aquarium and Ross' Landing on the Tennessee River.

6. Re: Romantic Night Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2013, 10:28
Get answers to your questions about Chattanooga