We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
St. Louis, Missouri
1 post
Save Topic
Allman Brothers Band

When and where are the Allman Brothers going to be in Chattanooga in June.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,430 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allman Brothers Band

Riverbend Festival, specifically Saturday, June 17th at 9:30 P.M. outdoors.

The Allman Brothers' performance will be the main act on the final night of a week-long outdoor music festival held on the banks of the Tennessee river in Chattanooga. The band will be performing from a stage on a barge docked along the river bank and the "scheduled" time for their show is 9:30 P.M. They are only scheduled to perform until 11:00 P.M., at which time there is typically a big fireworks show.

You'll have to buy a "pen" to get into the venue to see the show. The "pens" are your admission to the festival and are good for the entire week of shows, but if you're only coming for one night, it's not much of a bargain. Pre-festival price for the admission pens is $27, but once the festival begins on June 9th, the pen prices jump to $36 each.

There will be approximately 90,000 to 125,000 people at that evening's show, so keep that in mind as well. This particular night of the festival is always the most crowded because of the fireworks show following the main act's performance.

Hope this info helps!!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,430 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allman Brothers Band

One more item I need to mention.

Since this will be an "outdoor" performance, and Chattanooga is a southern city, there is always the chance that evening thunderstorms could "dampen the party" or possibly cause a cancellation of the Allman Brother's show.

Afternoon and evening thunderstorms are almost a daily occurrence in this area during the summer months. I've been at Riverbend many times in the rain, and if the storms are bad enough, performances can be delayed or even cancelled if the storms are bad enough. They will try to make every effort to not cancel, but it could happen.

Just something else to consider.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allman Brothers Band

has there ever been an act to cancell due to weather? I remember a few times watching shows at riverbend in hard rain! dont remember anyone ever cancelling!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,430 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allman Brothers Band

I don't remember what year it was, as it was at least 15 or more years ago, but they had to cancel one night due to lightening hitting the stage and blowing all the electricity out or some other components of the setup.

There haven't been any shows in recent times cancelled due to weather, but it has happened in the past.

Get answers to your questions about Chattanooga