We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from trip to Chattanooga

Holland michigan
1 post
Save Topic
Just returned from trip to Chattanooga

Chattanooga is great town! we have been there 5 or 6 times in the past few years but only passing through , we spent a half day in Chattanooga last year, looked around and decided to return and spend a week there and forgo out yearly trip to Florida.

Chattanooga downtown is friendly,clean and well set up to make getting around easy.

We had a great time , did all the local tourist things, rock city , ruby falls , the aquarium , the duck ride , the inclined railway , took a long walk accost the bridge and found a local diner with great food.

The theater was great as was the museum.

the riverboad and diner cruse was good too.

I think there where a minimum of 10 or 15 police cars parked in a 2 or 3 block area downtown and that has a way of making a family feel safe.

I plan on coming back , finding more hidden treasures and tasty restaurants.

thanks for great time Chattanooga.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from trip to Chattanooga

glad you enjoyed it. When you return let me know and I will let you in on some local secrets!

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from trip to Chattanooga

DangYanky, it is wonderful to hear you enjoyed Chattanooga. Rock City, the Chattanooga Ducks, Walnut Street Bridge and Coolidge Park are some of my favorites.

chasm4u, I think it would be fun to share the local secrets with everyone. I am a local and always love to find little tourism secrets in my city.