We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do and see in 2 days

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
what to do and see in 2 days

We are a party of 7 (2 seniors, parents, 3 kids 14,11 and 9) will be in Chattanooga 2 nights April 4, 5.. Please advise must do things. Thanks. On way back to GA will would like a day in pigeon forge.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,383 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do and see in 2 days

Buget is always a factor, so if money is no object, I would suggest the Tennessee Aquarium and also Rock City as the best for the buck attractions in town.

You can do a combo ticket, I think, and also catch the IMAX theater. The aquarium and movie will take 2/3 of a full day, while Rock City will take about 1/2 day.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do and see in 2 days

Thanks, Can u suggest a suitable accommodation?

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,674 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to do and see in 2 days

I suggest downtown. Many of the tourist attractions are there, plus the Tennessee River Front and bridges from southside to northside. Many restaurants, shopping and comp. shuttle service.

Several choices would be, Hampton Inn and Suites, Doubletree Hotel, Hilton Garden Inn, Marriott Courtyard and Residence Inn. Sheraton Read House, Staybridge Suites and Chattanoogan are a few block further away.

Chattanooga is a great family vacation area. We hope you enjoy your visit.

1) Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum www.tvrail.com

The largest operating railroad museum in the state.

2) Coolidge Park. This beautiful park features the antique carousel that has been restored and your child has a choice of 52 beautiful carved animals to ride. Docked on the Tennessee River at the park is the Delta Queen that has become a hotel.

Along the river on the south shore is the Riverwalk, that follows the Tennessee with beautiful scenery and interesting sights along the way. Walk across the Walnut Street Pedestrian Bridge from the South Shore to the North Shore.

3) Reflection Riding Arboretum & Botanical Garden www.reflectionriding.org

4) Tennessee Aquarium World's largest fresh water aquarium. Absolutely fabulous!!! www.tnaqua.org

5) Rock City Gardens Lookout Mountain. For the young and the old! www.seerockcity.com

6) Chattanooga Zoo http://zoo.chattanooga.org

7) Bluff View Art District www.bluffviewartdistrict.com

7) Chattanooga Parks and Recreation www.chattanooga.gov

Hamiltontn.gov/ParkReDefault.aspx

8) Walnut Street Pedestrian Bridge

CHATTANOOGA VISITORS CENTER:

www.chattanoogafun.com

Downtown Electric Shuttle - CARTA

... Electric Shuttle is the easiest way to get around Downtown Chattanooga. ... Electric buses run daily* about every 5 minutes from the Chattanooga Choo Choo ..

Greenwood, Missouri
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to do and see in 2 days

If you like something a little less mainstream - try the Dinner Theatre at Whitwell called the Buttonwillow Church. It is a really good home cooked meal and history lesson of the civil war and how it affected the local area. It turned out to be one of the neatest things we did around Chattanooga. I am headed back this year taking my extended family on this year's trip.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to do and see in 2 days

Thanks - I will post my report after the trip

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,674 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to do and see in 2 days

Chattanooga Events Calendar

www.chattanoogafun.com/events

If you have not checked this events calendar, you may want to.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what to do and see in 2 days

If you are interested in history try Chicamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park. Park website is http://www.nps.gov/chch/index.htm

8. Re: what to do and see in 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 04:16