We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hot tea please?

HSV, AL
Level Contributor
184 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
hot tea please?

ok, i know the subject sounds funny, but, my mother wanted to go to the English Rose but they are not open Sunday and Monday when we plan to be in Chattanooga for Labor Day. the Bluff View Inn bed and breakfast was booked on Saturday and we're coming from Huntsville area and didn't want to stay two nights. ok so, does anyone know of another neat quaint place you can enjoy the same type of setting where you can enjoy a fine china teapot of your choice of hot tea and little sandwiches? thanks...

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,572 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hot tea please?

The following are additional suggestions. It is a shame your visit is on a holiday. Have you checked with the English Tea Garden to make sure they are closed?

I suggest you ask Rembrandt's at Bluff View. I would be surprised if they are closed.

New Moon Gallery & Tea Room | Chattanooga, TN 37405

http://www.newmoongallery.com/

Hamilton Place Mall Teavana Tea Store in Chattanooga, Tennessee ...

http://www.teavana.com/retail/united-states/tennessee/chattanooga/hamilton-place-mall(190)

Pasha Coffee & Tea - Chattanooga, TN - Cafe, Coffee Shop ...

https://www.facebook.com/PashaCoffee

The English Rose Tea Room (Chattanooga, TN) - Tea Time Magazine

www.teatimemagazine.com/content.aspx?id=845

HSV, AL
Level Contributor
184 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hot tea please?

hey queeni, just wanted to say thanks! i double checked to make sure we could actually sit down and have tea at New Moon and not just buy the goods and they do so now we have somewhere new to try and take my mom...thanks again for the suggestion!

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,572 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hot tea please?

Their "goodies" are delicious also.

Glad the suggestion worked for you. Nice area. Enjoy!

HSV, AL
Level Contributor
184 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hot tea please?

ok we went to new moon gallery. it's not what i would have liked but the sandwiches we ordered were all pretty tasty. the tea is neat to get in a pot and so many types of tea choose from. but for such a small sitting area, i was looking for a bigger place. this looks like its setup more for passerbys who wonder in the store who want to sit a spell and grab a tea or coffee after they look around. it's a small store and for the price of $26 we got three sandwich plates that consisted of a side of carrots and fruit, one 16oz pot of the mystic hot tea for two of us and one cup of cappacino that was flavorless(just tasted like plain coffee). the sandwiches were chicken salad crossiant, cucumber and the turkey and cheese with some kind of green spread. they were all very tasty but this is not somewhere i would want to visit again. we'll probably stick to the english rose if we want a tea room experience next time....you just never know till you go i guess!

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,572 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hot tea please?

We did our best! When you return, call English Rose first to assure they are open.

6. Re: hot tea please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 05:18