We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Lookout Mountain ?

Which Chattanooga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dry Prong, Louisiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurant near Lookout Mountain ?

Can anyone recommend a restaurant for lunch near Broad St/Lookout Mountain?

We have already planned to have pizza, Mr. Ts, delivered to Sky Harbor Bavarian Inn the evening we get there but aren’t familiar with the area for lunch the next day after we leave Rock City.

We will be en route to Gatlinburg and would prefer to eat lunch before we get on the interstate.

MiChelle

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,491 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near Lookout Mountain ?

Along Broad Street before you get to the interstate, you'll have the following choices:

Pizza Hut, Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits, Taco Bell, Sweeney's BBQ, Wendy's, Subway, Long John Silver's, Krystal, KFC, and a little Mexican place I can't remember the name of.

In St. Elmo near the foot of the Incline, you have MoJo Burrito, a couple of deli/bakery places, and Mr. T's pizza. There is also a Taiwan restaurant and a new place with a deck right next to Mr. T's (can't remember the new name).

If you really like BBQ, I'd recommend Sweeney's for lunch.

Dry Prong, Louisiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near Lookout Mountain ?

Kat-cubs-fan

Thanks for the recommendations. We will probably check out Sweeney's BBQ, like to try local restaurants versus national franchises while traveling.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near Lookout Mountain ?

You will pass the Lookout Mountain Cafe on the way to and back down from Rock City. It is on the right going toward Rock City on top of Lookout Mountain. I ate there last summer. It is a quaint, cafe/sandwich and salad sort of place.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near Lookout Mountain ?

I would say go with Lookout Mtn Cafe or for a filling meal try Mt. Vernon but I wouldnt recommend Sweenys, its NOT all that great and there are better bbq joints throughout our region!

Dry Prong, Louisiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near Lookout Mountain ?

Mt Vernon has a great website, includes menu, hours and directions. Lookout Mountain Café sounds nice also but I was unable to locate a website for them. A Chattanooga dining guide lists the Café has soup, salads, pasta and steak. I’ll have to check for more info on it when we stop at the visitor’s center.

Thanks for the ideas

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant near Lookout Mountain ?

I too, would go to either Mt. Vernon or Sweeneys (that's Sweeneys spelled with an "ey"). Both are close by and won't keep you far from the interstate. Enjoy Gatlinburg............

7. Re: Restaurant near Lookout Mountain ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 23:20