We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chattanooga by boat

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Chattanooga by boat

My husband and I and our teenage daughter and friend are traveling tomorrow from the Knoxville area in our 26' boat on the TN river to Chattanooga. We understand that there is a public dock where you can leave your boat for the day (not overnight), close to the aquarium. We have been to Chatt. several times by car, but never by boat.

We noticed that there is a "Nightfall concert series" in Miller Park on Friday nights. Can we walk from the Rvierfront area to Miller Park--is it safe,and how far? Or could we take public transportation--will it run after the concert is over?

Restaurants-about two yrs ago we ate at a good place on the river, near the Erlanger (sp?) hospital. I think it had a bbq/seafood focus. Can't remember the name. Does it have a dock were you can arrive by boat?

Harrison Bay State Park--we were thinking of anchoring there in a cove overnight. Can you walk to anything in the park easily, esp. the pool?

Thanks!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,310 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chattanooga by boat

Yes, there is a new public dock very close to the aquarium where you can anchor; don't know if there's a charge just for "day anchoring" or not.

Yes, you can walk to Miller Park for the Nightfall concert, as it is about nine blocks of level walking (probably not quite one mile). It is very safe to walk there if you use Market Street or Broad Street as your route. There is a free shuttle you could catch to the area going up, but they stop running before the concert would be over, so you'd have to walk back.

I think the name of the restaurant you are describing is the Boathouse on Riverside Dr. I don't know if they have a dock or not, but their phone number is (423) 622-0122 if you need to call them.

Not sure about Harrison Bay State Park, as I've not been up there in many, many years.

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chattanooga by boat

Thanks for your reply!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chattanooga by boat

The river walk goes right by the Boathouse, and it has lots of docks along the path... the canoeing center has a dock and it's only a maybe five minute walk from there to the restaurant. I don't know if the canoeing center dock is open to the public though. There are many other docks along the path though…

4. Re: Chattanooga by boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Chattanooga