We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels on I-75

louisiana
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels on I-75

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is better to stay on I-75 in chattanooga or downtown chattanooga?

Are there any new hotels on I-75 ? We want to got to ruby falls and rock city. We would like to be no more than 10-15 minutes away from downtown.

Thanks, for everyone's help.

louisiana
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotels on I-75

MOVIEMAKER,

Thanks for all the information, and when ever you decide to visit

Louisiana, I hope that I can be a big help to you as well. You will

enjoy all Louisiana has to offer, especially the food. It keep your mouth watering for more. GOD BLESS!

Mentioned in this post
Louisiana
Louisiana
United States
Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotels on I-75

Yeah if you only have one choice go with rock city. As Kat stated it kinda depends what day and when you get there how long it will take. Youll wwant to take your time anyways and take in teh beuty. you could walk through in about 45 mins but youll miss everything!

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
4,039 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotels on I-75

The Holiday Inn Express at exit 174 on I-24 is fairly new and was clean and well kept when we stayed there a year or so ago. I would stay there again. There is also a Cracker Barrel just on the other side of the parking lot.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotels on I-75

^ That Cracker Barrel is the best in teh area, I live in soddy and if I am with 15 miles of it we will eat there!

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hotels on I-75

It is very odd to me that even after I travel to another country for a couple of weeks, the first place I want to go to is a Cracker Barrel. I live about a mile from one in NW Georgia. We tend to take for granted what we have close by.

turnip greens with pepper sauce

pinto beans with a slice of raw onion

green beans

corn bread with real butter

fried chicken strips with ranch mustard sauce

(This is what I usually order when I get back from vacation.)

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hotels on I-75

I'll take chow chow on my pintos please.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hotels on I-75

I would see Rock City, also.

By the way, you mentioned the Lost Sea in Sweetwater. We went there a few weeks ago. It was absolutely great! A very interesting tour and very well run. Don't miss it!

Mentioned in this post
Sweetwater
Sweetwater
Tennessee