We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coming in November

Covington, La
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
coming in November

family is staying in the train cars at the choo choo.

However, husband and I see no reason to stay in one too. So we were just going to rent a room. However, the rest of the choo choo doesn't seem to be up to par.

Can any local recommend a hotel that isn't too far away from the choo choo?

Thanks

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coming in November

As far as I can remember there are not any within walking distance, there are some on down market away from town but they are not in a very good neighborhood and are old and run down.

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coming in November

The Chattanoogan is across the street and relatively close by.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,089 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coming in November

To be close to the Choo Choo without actually staying there, but still having a nice place, I'd recommend one the following:

Sheraton Read House,

Hilton Garden Inn,

Mariott Residence Inn,

Courtyard by Marriott

These are all downtown, but a few blocks from the Choo Choo. However, the free downtown shuttle access all these plus the Choo Choo for easy connections between them.

Covington, La
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coming in November

Thank you all.

I've been mapping the hotels. I don't mind spending the money for a nice hotel room, but I think the hotel rooms of the choo choo would be disappointing (according to the reviews). I'm afraid my mom and sister are going to be disappointed in the train cars this time.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,089 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: coming in November

Yes, I tend to agree that the Choo Choo has gone downhill recently. It used to be top-notch. The grounds of the place are still very nice, but I've heard not-so-good things about rooms and services.

Covington, La
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: coming in November

So I booked Courtyard Chatanooga Downtown this morning. As long as we aren't too far away from the choo choo we can meet up and go on our way.

I asked for a room with a river view. I hope that we get that, but if we don't it won't be the end of the world.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,089 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: coming in November

Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Chattanooga is located in the 200 block of Chesnut St while the Choo Choo is located at 1200 Market St.

This is about 12 blocks away from the Choo Choo, and two streets over, but as I said, the free electric shuttle busses connect to both hotels for easy trasnporation between the two.

Covington, La
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: coming in November

I think we'll be okay with the distance. Husband and I both liked the looks and reviews of the hotel and decided that it was okay to not be right across the street. Just as long as we weren't several miles away.

Thank you for all the information. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions as we go along.

9. Re: coming in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Chattanooga
Recent Conversations