We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Marriot

Which Chattanooga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
Level Contributor
347 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Marriot

Staying here, sweet deal on priceline! Hopefully made the right choice.

So....who is familiar with this hotel and area? Suggestions? ON a budget so dining at hotel isn't an option...

thanks

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga
Level Contributor
570 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Marriot

Walking distance- tupelo honey at warehouse row, pickle barrel deli for sandwiches, city cafe- breakfast, lunch, dinner- large portions and thats all I will say about city cafe- community pie at miller plaza has good pizza. A couple if new mexican restaurants near miller plaza that I haven't tried yet- the Chattanoogan hotel has a $12.99 including tax & drink lunch and breakfast buffet- plenty of options. The hotel is okay, you can self park in their garage, not sure of the daily rate

atlanta
Level Contributor
347 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Marriot

Thanks

Parking is 10/day. I got a fabulous rate of $55/night there on priceline, I am sure it will be fine. LOoks like the electric shuttle is right there and can zip us around :)

Plan on driving up to Rock City first from Altanta, then head to hotel to experience downtown.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Marriot

The Marriott is OK. It is one of the convention hotels. About 8 or 9 blocks from the waterfront or take the comp. shuttle. 1 block away is the City Diner-- good for breakfast.

Affordable for eating downtown, would be The Terminal, Sugars Ribs

and Bar B Que, Big River Grill and Brewery, Mellow Mushroom Pizza, Flying Squirrel and Bluegrass Grill for breakfast and lunch.

atlanta
Level Contributor
347 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Marriot

thanks so much. Would have preferred a different hotel but for the price....can't beat it. And don't plan on spending too much time at the hotel, prefer being out and about!

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
3 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown Marriot

If you get a chance, go to Rembrandt's for coffee and chocolate.

6. Re: Downtown Marriot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:16