We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for Breakfast in Chattanooga

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Recommendations for Breakfast in Chattanooga

I will be passing thru Chattanooga and looking for recommendations for the best breakfast in town.

Thanks...............

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,785 posts
96 reviews
1. Re: Recommendations for Breakfast in Chattanooga

I would go for either Cracker Barrel, Shoney's, or Wally's.

I'm not much of a breakfast eater myself, so I don't know where the best local one is located, but I've heard all these are pretty good.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Recommendations for Breakfast in Chattanooga

^ There are WAY better breakfast places around here than any chain can offer.

Just let me know what highway or interstates will you be using to pass through Chattanooga and I will give you som eof the best choices on your route.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Recommendations for Breakfast in Chattanooga

City Cafe, Downtown Chattanooga.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Recommendations for Breakfast in Chattanooga

Haven't made a hotel reservation yet, but probably be staying near Lookout Mountain.

I am sooooo against chain restuarants, except for Cracker Barrell as we do not have them out here in CA. I love to experience the local favor, exspecially mom & pop, hole in the walls.

I have read other places that have recommended City Cafe. Is it standard breakfast food?

Thanks!

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: Recommendations for Breakfast in Chattanooga

Huge portions. My husband likes the corned beef and hash with eggs. I like the omelets. I think the place is cute too. Don't be put off that it is in a Day's Inn.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
6. Re: Recommendations for Breakfast in Chattanooga

City cafe IS great they are a diner type place and serve breakfast all day and 24 hours of that day as well.

Closer to your hotel choices there IS a cracker Barrel and its good BUT THERE IS BETTER I would try Mt. Vernon for dinner or lunch, not sure about breafast.

Mtn Manor restaurant in Lookout valley, close to your hotel selections. They are a hole in teh wall type place. VERY VERY VERY GOOD FOOD!!!

Not much for atmosphere but great for breakfast!

If you do stay in lookout valley you should eat dinner at the catfish house down the road in tifftonia. Call ahead though they are open odd days and not all the time.. heres the info tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54946-d39…

It is a 5 minute drive from lookout valley area.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Recommendations for Breakfast in Chattanooga

Thanks for all of tips. Now how about breakfast anywhere in Chattanooga? I am willing to drive for a good southern breakfast. I read somewhere about Wallys Buffet. How is that?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,785 posts
96 reviews
8. Re: Recommendations for Breakfast in Chattanooga

I'm not a breakfast eater so I've don't experience the "eat out breakfast" much, but I have heard from others that Wally's is pretty good.

There are two locations of Wally's, one is downtown on McCallie Ave and the other is in East Ridge near the I-75 interchange.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
9. Re: Recommendations for Breakfast in Chattanooga

I would stick with Cracker Barrel if you want a true Southern breakfast. You can even get country ham if you want. I, personally, don't care for how salty it is and order the city ham.

Although Cracker Barrel is a chain they tend to be very consistent.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
10. Re: Recommendations for Breakfast in Chattanooga

Trust me on mtn manor in lookout valley..

very good breakfast...

ALSO theres

Southern restaurant in red bank, not too far from downtown. this is the best breakfast around!

Get answers to your questions about Chattanooga