We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wjhere to stay?

Alabama
Level Contributor
30 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Wjhere to stay?

Coming to Nashville area for a couple of day's in January. Should we stay in Franklin or Nashville? Mostly shopping, walking and eating. I have heard that Franklin is a nice quaint town.

East Tennessee
Level Contributor
632 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wjhere to stay?

I recommend Franklin. Unless your goal is music venues, the Capitol or sporting events, then downtown Nashville has nothing to offer that you can't get elsewhere with lower costs, more parking and fewer tourists.

Franklin has some history, good dining and shopping.

Have fun!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wjhere to stay?

Hi caps47,

I agree with Cheapseater about Franklin. I'm a "little" partial to Franklin since I grew up in that area. If there's not enough shopping, walking and eating in downtown Franklin, go to The Factory. Then, if that's not enough, head over to the Cool Springs area. If that's not enough shopping, walking and eating, you must be a zombie! Ha Ha!!

Bob

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wjhere to stay?

I would stay at Hyatt Place at Cool Springs Mall. There's a Hilton Garden Inn just to the E. Go to Puckett's for good comfort food and cold drinks.

Hyatt Place @ 650 Bakers Bridge Avenue, Franklin, TN 615 - 771 - 8900.

…hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant @ 120 4th Ave. S., Franklin, TN. 615 - 794 - 5527.

http://www.puckettsgrocery.com/

Hilton Garden Inn @ 9150 Carothers Parkway, Franklin, TN 615 - 656 - 2700.

…hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml…

Alabama
Level Contributor
30 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wjhere to stay?

Thanks to all of you. We wil be staying in Franklin.

5. Re: Wjhere to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Franklin