We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nashville to Memphis by car .

England
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nashville to Memphis by car .

What are the "must see " small towns on the way ? we have 3 days on the road and we love good food , good muisc and good times .. also spending 4 nights in nashville and 3 nights in memphis . i`ve read the books but would like some insider info please .

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12,077 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nashville to Memphis by car .

I dn't know that I would call them "must-sees", but we stopped in Jackson to tour the Casey Jones House and Cypress Grove Nature Park (didn't make it to the International Rockabilly Hall of Fame) and Hurricane Mills to see Loretta Lynn's Ranch.

England
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nashville to Memphis by car .

thanks for that pal .

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nashville to Memphis by car .

Honestly, I grew up in Memphis for most of my life and made the smart move to Nashville 9 years ago. So, thus being said, I have made a lot of trips to and from Memphis/Nashville. There are really no good stops in between. NONE!

If you need some recommendations on where to stay and hot spots in Nashville, but let me know.

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Lakeland, TN
Destination Expert
for Tennessee, Memphis
Level Contributor
3,076 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nashville to Memphis by car .

You must be considering Franklin as a stop since you are on its forum. That would be a good place to spend most of your spare travel time off of I-40. It's a little ways from the interstate but not that far. There are great Civil War era houses to tour and a neat historic Downtown strip featuring shps and cafes. Don't miss Loveless Cafe at Hwy.100 and The Nachez Trace, near I-40 for heavy duty breakfast or lunch. The main trip will be more relaxing than points of interest oriented, but you'll love Memphis when you get there.

Mentioned in this post
Franklin
Franklin
Tennessee
The Loveless Cafe
The Loveless Cafe
5,203 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nashville to Memphis by car .

Franklin, TN has two great civil war sites, but besides that I don't care of the town. The downtown is all a bunch of overpriced shops. Its maybe nice to drive around the downtown, but in my opinion, not a place to park the car and shop.

And yes, Loveless Cafe is great. Don't miss out on that.

Mentioned in this post
Franklin
Franklin
Tennessee
The Loveless Cafe
The Loveless Cafe
5,203 Reviews
Nashville, TN
England
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nashville to Memphis by car .

found your reply useful , thanks again . thinking of staying at the courtyard by marriot in downtown Nashville , it looks to be in a good spot ! recommend any good tours or is it better gettin stuck in and doing it ourselfs ?

Mentioned in this post
Downtown Nashville
Downtown Nashville
7,710 Reviews
Nashville, TN
7. Re: Nashville to Memphis by car .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2015, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Franklin