We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Franklin/Williamson county

Which Franklin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Franklin/Williamson county

Hi Folks

We've been talking about and researching (for far too long now) a starter trip down to the Franklin and surrounding areas with the possibility of a change of life and leaving NY behind for many of the reasons one would imagine.

For Labor day weekend, arriving Fri afternoon, and leaving Mon afternoon, and staying at the Ameri-Suites in cool springs, what are some must see things to do? GO Opry is on the list already, as is historic DT Franklin.

Naturally, we will be driving around the various neighborhoods to see where we may like to buy assuming that becomes a reality. We have done alot of DD on Franklin,T. Station, Fairvie and Spring Hill and all of those places fit well into a 300K budget., and fit into our late 30's with children lifestyle.

Thanks in advance for any insight,

Mike

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Franklin/Williamson county

Mike, welcome to Middle Tennessee. Williamson Co. is a great place to live and to raise kids. Excellent schools.

As for what to see and do, not sure if you are looking for touristy stuff, or not. Franklin is rich in Civil War History. Carter House, site of the bloodiest battle in Civil War History. In Hermitage, TN, there is home of President Andrew Jackson, Summerfest @ Gaylord Opryland (impressive hotel complex) w/Opry Mills shopping complex next door.

As for music, we have Starwood Amphitheatre, Riverfront Park, assorted 'honky tonks' down Broadway.

Sports, Nashville Sounds minor league baseball, Tennessee Titans Football, Nashville Predators Hockey.

As for Williamson Co, Brentwood is the most established town, bordering on Nashville. Franklin is the fastest growing, followed by Spring Hill. Fairview still hasn't quite caught on, yet.

If you have specific questions, you can email me at volrichard@comcast.net. Good luck and welcome to Franklin.

NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Franklin/Williamson county

Hi Richard

Thanks for your reply to my post . What we want to accomplish on this trip which we are doing without the kids, is basically get a sense of what the area is all about. I am in the formalwear business and would like to do the same down there, and need to look at commercial property (assuming Brentwood & Franklin as the places to open a business) .

I like that Fairview is small and up and coming, or will be, once the 840 passes through, and it may be a good time to buy in there. I like all that Franklin has to offer as far as ammenities goes. Brentwood may be a tad pricey for us, as we are looking to make the move, buy a very nice home around 1/4 acre to a 1/2, put money in the bank and enjoy life. I see a great deal of new homes are going up in Spring Hill now. How does that area compare to Franklin?.

I found it very weird that last week on tennessean.com that Franklin and Fairview both failed to comply with the "Leave no Child Behind " programs, but were just recently ranked in the top 1000 schools in Newsweek. I will need to address that with the school districts, and hope to get a candid reply from them.

Lastly, I have been hearing alot of good things about Murfreesboro. Any comments? i have done alot of research pointing me to Williamson county, but don't find it to be the case for Rutherford.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Mike

3. Re: Trip to Franklin/Williamson county

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Franklin