We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area around Neyland Stadium

Which Knoxville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,219 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Area around Neyland Stadium

I am going to Neyland Stadium on Saturday, and have not been to that area in a long time. We're staying in a hotel that offers a shuttle to the game. We'd hoped to get down to the campus area a few hours before kick-off and find some bars and grab a late lunch. Is there a strip of bars and restaurants near the stadium? Where is it located?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
49 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Area around Neyland Stadium

Most of the bar and restaurants near that Neyland Stadium are on Cumberland AVE (The Strip) between 17th and 22nd. The best way to look at what available is use goggle maps and look at the reviews on TA. Place change name so much and it’s been a while since I have been down in that area I can’t recommend a place.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,219 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Area around Neyland Stadium

Perfect. I guess every college campus has "The Strip" and that's just what we're looking for. Thanks!

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Area around Neyland Stadium

Here's a list of places right on the waterfront around the stadium:

www.tasteofknoxville.com/waterfront.html

Calhouns is very good!

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
15 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Area around Neyland Stadium

If you want to get away from the crowds, but still be close by, Downtown has alot going on. Market Square and Gay Street all have excellent restaurants and bars. They usually aren't as crowded as the strip on gamedays. Enjoy your stay in Knoxville.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,219 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Area around Neyland Stadium

All good ideas. As we're taking a gameday shuttle, I don't think we'll have transportation to get to downtown. But the waterfront restaurants sound like the best choice for us. We should see something that is unique to Knoxville, aside from all of the orange.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Area around Neyland Stadium

Market Square is a relatively short walk from the waterfront on Neyland Dr. Maybe 1 mile at the most but there is a pretty steep hill to climb coming up from the river.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
49 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Area around Neyland Stadium

World's Fair Park and the Sunsphere are near UT

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,219 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Area around Neyland Stadium

Thanks guys for all of your suggestions. We took a shuttle from our hotel, the Comfort Inn near Strawberry Plains Pike, to the stadium. I originally understood that there was a shuttle every hour, but this was not the case. The shuttle left at 4:20, and we weren't dropped off until 5pm, so we did not have much time before the game. We were on the opposite side of the stadium from the river, so we went to the strip. Maybe we didn't walk far enough, but we didn't see much other than fast food restaurants. We grabbed calzones at Trino's just to get something to eat, and they were pretty good, but it didn't have a bar, so we had to make do with the contraband we'd brought for the game.

Sunday was a beautiful day, and we went downtown and sort of stumbled upon the Knoxville Market Square area. We strolled around and browsed the shops, then had brunch on the patio at Oodles, which had $1 mimosas. Brunch was quite good, and we really enjoyed the afternoon there. I think that if I were to go to another game at UT, I would park downtown to hang out there, and either walk or take a cab to and from the stadium.

9. Re: Area around Neyland Stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2011, 06:23