We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rehearsal Dinner Locations?

Dallas
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Rehearsal Dinner Locations?

Hello! I am in need of some recommendations for somewhere to hold a rehearsal dinner for my younger brother's wedding this coming Labor Day weekend. It is a destination wedding, and I am not at all familiar with the area. The wedding will be held at Dara's Gardens and most of the guests of the rehearsal dinner will be staying at the Marriott in downtown Knoxville. There will be approximately 30 people at the rehearsal dinner, but I somehow need to keep the cost down to $600 while still providing a beautiful evening for the bride and groom, and their guests. Ahhh!!! My ideal location would be somewhere that has its own "ambiance/decor" that can serve a meal (I'm open to family style, buffet, or served) inclusive of non-alcoholic beverages, salad, rolls, and hopefully even a dessert within my budget. The price does not have to include alcohol. If the location happened to be BYOB (which I know is highly unlikely) then I would bring in a few cases of wine. Otherwise, it will just have to be a "cash bar" for the guests, which I know is tacky, but it's unavoidable with my budget. I put in a call to Lakeside Tavern because it's the only place I've ever been in Knoxville and I remember the views were gorgeous in the evening, but I have no idea what kind of price they will give me. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations?

At Lakeside Tavern you will be in the middle of some of the most expensive real estate in Knoxville...probably not a good sign given your low budget. Maybe you should look for people who can cook/cater for you. There's s little establishment in downtown Knoxville called Mer-Mer's Bakery. They are a family run business with the nicest people you'll ever hope to meet. I always get our special occasion cakes from them, and I know they do wedding cakes and catering. Maybe you can talk with them about your plans...they may even be able to suggest an affordable location, too.

Mer-Mer's Bakery:

617 N Gay St, Knoxville, TN 37917-7425

865-524-4007

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g55138-d83…

Edited: 25 July 2013, 18:49
Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations?

My niece had her wedding reception at the Bearden Banquet Hall on Kingston Pike. The atmosphere was very nice and the food was very good. Buddy's BBQ owns the banquet hall and does the catering but the menu is not limited to BBQ. I don't recall exactly what we had at the reception but it was very good and it made the place stick in my head as a great place to have special events. My niece's husband made the wine that was served so I know they allow BYOB.

http://www.buddysbarbq.com/About-UsBB

Nevada
Level Contributor
47 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations?

Have you looked into Calhouns on the river or cafe 4? Both are very good and scenic

Dallas
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations?

Thank you all for your great suggestions! I really appreciate them! I think we're going to go with Calhouns on the River - they have a nice banquet room upstairs with a terrace overlooking the river. A traditional southern BBQ sounds perfect for the rehearsal dinner for this destination wedding since all the guests will be from out of town. The price is over my budget, but I'm going to make it work for my favorite brother! :-) Thank you again!

5. Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 07:17