We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parque Volcano Masaya and surrounding area questions

Which Masaya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
11 posts
Save Topic
Parque Volcano Masaya and surrounding area questions

Does anyone know how to reserve the night volcano/bat tour at Parque Volcan Masaya? Any suggestions of accommodation near the park or in Masaya, or Laguna de Apoya? How are the Thursday night festivities in the town of Masaya?

11 replies to this topic
Chichiriviche...
Level Contributor
354 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parque Volcano Masaya and surrounding area questions

Just call the Park Managment for the tour you can ask that you like to have english or spanish spoken guide. Phone

25 28 14 44. Accomodation in Masaya Casa Robleto, and if you like more nature and less street noisce...check out Laguna de apoyo , the Villas as Apoyo, Posado Abuela, San Simian Lodge.

I have been 3 times on the thuersday evening concert its nice there are normally more nicas than tourists...

By the way i prefer visiting the National Park by fare more during the day as per night...Night tour starts at 5pm you drive up to the edge of the activ crater then you walk up 10 minutes to the higher extinct crater and you can see the sunset if the tour start on time than you drive down to the caves...you walk about 15 minutes to enter the 300 meter long lava tunnel with very few baths..they you will visit the other cave with 10000 of bath you can not go into the cave but on the eintrace you will see have they come and go...Thats it...you will not see lava as it has been seen last time 10 years ago..

Duriing the day you can do many nice hkes for example arount the extinct crater (1 hour) you also should visit the Visitior center its really good.

Cheers and enjoy the Vulcano

Salta

Washington DC...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parque Volcano Masaya and surrounding area questions

Thank you so much for all the information! I really appreciate it!

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
908 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parque Volcano Masaya and surrounding area questions

Greetings lovetotravel8971:

I go to the volcano all the time giving tours and salta2 just gave you some great information. The only thing I would add is that we have started going to the Tiangue de Monimbó which is a famous street food place in Masaya that happens pretty much every afternoon and evening.

Its a nice place to have lunch or get a snack after doing the volcano and the artisan's market. I've gotten really good feedback from visitors who enjoy the authentic, cheap and tasty food. So you might enjoy the Tiangue as well.

Have a great trip to the Masaya area!

Cheers, Mike @ Farmstay El Porton Verde, Managua

Edited: 07 April 2014, 02:30
Washington DC...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parque Volcano Masaya and surrounding area questions

Thank you for the recommendation! Do you know if the artisan market is open on Thursday nights, or is it just a daytime market? I read about the Thursday festivities and this made me think it might be open Thursday evening.

Chichiriviche...
Level Contributor
354 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parque Volcano Masaya and surrounding area questions

Hi

Some of the stores stays open until the concert is over (around 10,00 pm) depends when they start. Most of the stores will close between 5 to p pm... So if you need a wide selection you should be there around 430 to 5pm

Cheers

Salta

Tahlequah, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parque Volcano Masaya and surrounding area questions

Where is the concert located?

Chichiriviche...
Level Contributor
354 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parque Volcano Masaya and surrounding area questions

The concert is inside of the market there is a small stage and in front some restaurants. so you can enjoy music and dances during dinner..

Salta

Chichiriviche...
Level Contributor
354 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parque Volcano Masaya and surrounding area questions

BTW the market is a tourist market means everything is completly overpriced...I would never ever buy anything there. Big hamacs they sell there for USD 70 if you walk 15 minutes to the fabric where they produce it you can get it for USD 45 !! Ceramic is well overpriced if you like better quality and you like to help a familiy which produces is drive 15 minutes from Masaya to San Juan del Oriente.... Also theire is a local big market im Masaya mostly for fruits and vegetebales but they have also a small handycraft section and there you will get the crafts for sure 20% cheaper..

I like the market only for the concert and the dances...If you running out of time and you need to buy a bunch of souvenirs like cigars, coffee, ceramic, hamac it the place to go as its convienient as you got everything on one place...but you have to know that they will rip you off...

Salta

Washington DC...
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Parque Volcano Masaya and surrounding area questions

Thanks everyone for the info! Greatly appreciated!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parque Volcano Masaya and surrounding area questions

This past Thursday we tried to stay for the Thursday night festivities but all the shops closed up by 6pm and it did not appear that any of the performances or music would get going until around 8pm, so we left.

Reply to: Parque Volcano Masaya and surrounding area questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Masaya