We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best way to get from Dublin to Skerries.

Which Skerries hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manheim...
Level Contributor
4 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best way to get from Dublin to Skerries.

My husband and I are going from Dublin to Skerries for a day. Then the next morning flying out of Dublin airport. Would it be better to rent a car for the day or is there public transportation we can use.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best way to get from Dublin to Skerries.

You can get the train to Skerries from Connolly Railway Station a 1O minute walk from O'Connell St.

Timetable is here:

irishrail.ie/your_journey/…2010.pdf

The 33 and 33a bus from Dublin also serve Skerries.

dublinbus.ie/en/…

dublinbus.ie/en/…

Edited: 13 April 2010, 06:44
Manheim...
Level Contributor
4 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best way to get from Dublin to Skerries.

thank you

Dublin
Level Contributor
793 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best way to get from Dublin to Skerries.

Train is the way to go if you want to travel quickly. You will be going against the main traffic flows into town in the AM, and out of town in the PM.

Hence, you will have plenty of space on the train, but the frequency will be reduced (hence time the trains).

When you come out of the station, take a right, walk for about 200 metres, take a left, and walk down into the town directly.

Let me know if you have any questions re Skerries, as I live there! :>)

4. Re: What is the best way to get from Dublin to Skerries.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2010, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Skerries