We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inishmore B&B's

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Inishmore B&B's

I'm spending two nights on Inishmore in May. It looks like Kilmurvey House is the most highly recommended of the B&B's. However, I definitely plan on visiting the pubs in the evening. Do I understand correctly that it's 5 miles from Kilronan and therefore the nearest pub? And I think the only transportation will be bicycle. Can anyone familiar with Inishmore tell me if staying at Kilmurvey is a bad idea (if one wants to evening in Kilronan)? Thanks so much!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inishmore B&B's

I'm told the Aran Hotel is walking distance to the pubs. They also have a shuttle in the event of rain/poor weather. We are scheduled to be there in early May ourselves . . . and looking forward to it.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inishmore B&B's

There's one pub in Kilmurvey. If you are planning on cycling to and from Kilronan then you should take the low road by the shore as there are huge hills on the main road.

I have stayed in Claí Bán and Tí Eithne in Kilronan and can recommend both (not sure if Tí Eithne is still open though!)

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,331 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inishmore B&B's

I find it difficult to comprehend why someone would chose accommodation that does not fit their requirements. Especially for the specific reason that other unknown people say its great?

If you want a night in the pub stay within sensible walking distance.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inishmore B&B's

Thanks for your responses. Lollymcd- that's precisely the kind of info I was looking for. Good to know there is a pub near Kilmurvey. I'll look into those suggestions in Kilronan. Tony2- a little cranky this morning? Geez.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inishmore B&B's

Drinking + Riding Bike + Darkness = ??

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,331 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inishmore B&B's

Got the Yorkshire head on today.

But it is amazing how many people go out of the way because someone who wanted something totally different recommended a place.

Eugene, Ore
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inishmore B&B's

Hi. We are also hoping to stay at Kilmurvey House. I have e-mailed them twice in the past 2 weeks, though and havn't gotten a reply. We are hoping to stay there 29 April. Does anyone know if they will be open then? Thanks!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,073 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inishmore B&B's

They might be seasonal and not up and running yet for 2012. Noted their website doesn't have 2012 prices yet, just 2011.

I'd wait and give them a call once you're in Ireland; I think it's unlikely they would book up on a Sunday night in April. And if they do there are plenty of other options on the island.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Inishmore B&B's

"Drinking + Riding Bike + Darkness = ??" I might add that a torch is an absolutely essential item to bring in case your bike does not have a light.

There are few street lights outside Kilronan and it gets dark dark!

Personally I'd stay in Kilronan, the craic is better and there is more choice.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Inishmore B&B's

Indeed, I've opted for Seacrest in Kilronan. I'll do my biking in daylight (and sober).

Get answers to your questions about Inishmore