We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries from Doolin?

Moorhead
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Ferries from Doolin?

Hi --

I've gone ahead an finalized our accommodations for our trip in September and now I'm concerned I've created a major hiccup. We will be staying in Dingle one night and the following night we're booked on Inis Mor. My plan was to catch the ferry in Doolin, but from what I've read on posts it looks like the Inis Mor trip might not happen due to inconsistent ferries from Doolin? Would it be better (or even possible) to catch a more reliable ferry elsewhere? I deeply appreciate any advice! Thank you!

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferries from Doolin?

You can catch a more reliable ferry in Rossaveal, which is to the west of Galway city. However, staying in Dingle one night & then driving up to Rossaveal for a ferry crossing - sounds very rushed to me.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferries from Doolin?

The problem with the ferries from Doolin is that they don't sail if the weather is very bad.

As trintraveler says, the ferries from Rossaveal are more reliable(because the boats are much bigger.

But as already pointed out, that would be a long way to travel from Dingle.

However, you might get lucky with the weather in September.

Moorhead
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferries from Doolin?

Thanks for the insight. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a crossing at Doolin!

4. Re: Ferries from Doolin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Inishmore