We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Pubs in walking distance from Knock Airport?

Which Knock hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff
1 post
Save Topic
Any Pubs in walking distance from Knock Airport?

I'm landing at Knock Airport on Friday at 12.30 but I'm not being picked up until 2.30 -3pmish. I'd rather go to a 'proper pub' than sit in the airport bar. Is there anywhere in wlking distance? If not can anyone recommend a town/village that is a short taxi ride away enroute to Galway? Any help would be appreiciated!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
264 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Pubs in walking distance from Knock Airport?

Not that I recall...airports are usually quite a walk from the nearest town. I did find mention of a pub called Murray's in Charlestown that said it was closest but I was unable to open the site, I think it was a caption on someone's flickr photo site.

Good luck!

NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Pubs in walking distance from Knock Airport?

Blue-

Have you been to Knock before? It is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Beautiful land, but very rural. My aunt and uncle have a home in Swinford and when I have an early flight out of Knock I stay with them. They are a short ride away, perhaps 10 minutes, from Knock. I know there is a pub there.

Ann

ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Pubs in walking distance from Knock Airport?

Knock airport is in the middle of nowhere. There's not much in Charlestown and that is going in the opposite direction to Galway. You would be as well to get a taxi to Claremorris - about 20 minutes away and going in the Galway direction.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Pubs in walking distance from Knock Airport?

iomick : I think Bluebird is back back now ;-)

5. Re: Any Pubs in walking distance from Knock Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 10:19