We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warning re Cabin Luggage

Co Mayo
1 post
Save Topic
Warning re Cabin Luggage

Went to Birmingham from Knock with Antler cabin case checked with tape size spot on ,checked weight 9KG. Allowed in cabin no problem going. On return charged £20for case owing to design 9document wallet) on front would not fit in to BMI baby's wire cage placed just where you hand in boarding card to enter aircraft. Gave them cash but they held me back waiting for receipt untill I was stressed to breaking point thinking I was going to miss my flight. Would not like any body else to be treated so badly.Be warned about the design of cabin luggage and the very bad way this is checked by airline..Your case needs to be less than allowed measurements to be able to get it through this tunnel wire cage.

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warning re Cabin Luggage

Very annoying,can't help but feel that sometimes this sort of thing happens 'cos somebody is having a bad day,a couple of years ago we were coming back from Amsterdam with Easyjet when one of the girls at the actual departure gate was telling people that they couldn't take their cases on board while the girl the other side was letting similar items go!

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warning re Cabin Luggage

Had the same treatment in Stanstead a while back, most annoying.

Limerick
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warning re Cabin Luggage

....And another thing .. Ryan Air say on the booking confirmation that your carry on bag has to be a certain height , width and depth. We (Husband and me) stick by these rules and dont get the carry bag checked when we checked in . BUt when we come to board we see other passengers with much larger bags than ours and nobody from the airline says a word. I often think I will bring my bigger bag ... but the day I do that will be the time I will get stopped.

This occurs because of the online check in and up to the point of boarding - nobody has had a look at these bags - If ryan Air want to make this a legal requiremtnt then ALL staff should follow the same rules - my head gets puggled with it all !!! :-)

4. Re: Warning re Cabin Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2009, 05:38
Get answers to your questions about Knock