We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice restaurant

Kingston-upon-Hull...
6 posts
Save Topic
nice restaurant

We shall be coming to st. Helier on the 9th September for one week. It is my husbands 60th birthday that day we arrive.could anyone recommend a really nice restaurant that we could go to that evening.we are staying at the panama apartments down green street so somewhere not too far would be nice.we have never been to jersey before so we have not got a clue.

Longueville Manor
££££, French, European, British
Drifter's Beach Bar & Bistro
££ - £££, Mediterranean, European, British
Aromas
££ - £££, Seafood, European, British
12 replies to this topic
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
18,188 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice restaurant

What sort of food do you like to eat?

Kingston-upon-Hull...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: nice restaurant

We like good old English steaks etc.we also like most foreign food like Italian ,Indian,tai etc.we will give anything a try

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice restaurant

We went to the Quayside Restaurant and Grill last year, nice views over Marina and outdoor heated terrace if the weather allows. Food was good, but haven't been more recently. It is in the Weighbridge, next to Liberation Square. If you google it, you will easily find it online.

Mentioned in this post
Liberation Square
Liberation Square
703 Reviews
Jersey, UK
Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
816 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nice restaurant

It is a Saturday evening so you will need to book. Lots of choice really, but if you want to walk from your apartment, look at Roseville Bistro, it is in the next street along and does very good steaks and also seafood.

If you want Indian, I would recommend Cafe Spice in Kensington Place or for Thai, consider Little Thai opposite Snow Hill bus stop.

If you want something a little more upmarket, you could consider Banjo in the middle of St. Helier opposite the fish market. It is a very nice restaurant and does good steaks. My favourite for steak is Wildfire but make sure you book upstairs. It will be very busy on a Saturday and they do a great range of steaks and you will be assured a lively atmosphere. This is opposite the taxi rank at the Weighbridge so easy to get a taxi back. If you choose Wildfire, you can finish with drinks opposite at The Royal Yacht. They have a nice outside terrace with heaters and attract a lively crowd. Have a great celebration and let us know where you finally decide!

Mentioned in this post
Roseville Bistro
Roseville Bistro
921 Reviews
Jersey, UK
Cafe Spice
Cafe Spice
643 Reviews
Jersey, UK
St Helier
St Helier
Jersey, UK
Royal Yacht Hotel
Royal Yacht Hotel
2,510 Reviews
Jersey, UK
Kingston-upon-Hull...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: nice restaurant

Thank you so much for your reply I have had a look at the restaurants you have mentioned and I think we will give roseville bistro a try as it is close to were we are staying.I think we will try the other restaurants you mentioned on another night during the week as they all look really nice.we are really looking forward to coming to jersey everyone we speak to who has been seem to love it!

Mentioned in this post
Roseville Bistro
Roseville Bistro
921 Reviews
Jersey, UK
Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
816 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nice restaurant

If you are looking to sample a range of places, keep an eye on the weather and if it looks to be a lovely evening with minimal wind, catch the bus to Gorey. Walk to the very end of the pier and most nights, I think they are sometimes closed on a Monday, you will come across the open air Cafe du Port. The location is stunning particularly if the tide is in, and they do the most amazing Thai food for extremely cheap prices. They only take cash and it is bring your own booze. We think it is a little gem, so if you want to experience something a bit different, have a read on TripAdvisor and see if it appeals to you. It is possible to book in advance but other than a Friday or Saturday, you shouldn't have a problem getting a table. For starters, try their Chicken Satay and Spare Ribs. For mains, their red Thai curry is excellent but my favourite is the Stir Fry Ginger. For another unique Jersey experience, catch the bus to L'Etacq and you will find Faulkner's Seafood bunker. It is a spot from where Sean Faulkner sells lobsters etc. They now have a BBQ in season where at lunchtime, you can buy scallops, crab, lobster etc all cooked on the BBQ and served in disposable containers. You sit at picnic benches overlooking the ocean eating the freshest seafood imaginable - well worth the effort.

Mentioned in this post
Jersey
Jersey
Channel Islands, UK
Kingston-upon-Hull...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: nice restaurant

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply in so much detail it is really good of you.we will certainly try to give the places you have recommended a try just reading about them makes my mouth water!! Really can't wait for our holiday now.

blackpool
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nice restaurant

Saffrons at the Hotel de France, is Indian with a difference. We have been several times when staying at the hotel and it is thoroughly recommended for a special occasion. Enjoy your holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel de France
Hotel de France
2,189 Reviews
Jersey, UK
Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
816 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nice restaurant

Personally, I would give Saffron's a miss. Nice but expensive and a fair trek from the Panama Apartments. There are better and more 'Jersey' experiences near to where you are staying. If staying at the Hotel de France, fine, but it will be a taxi ride each way that will add another £20+ to the evening unnecessarily so.

Mentioned in this post
Panama Apartments
Panama Apartments
105 Reviews
Jersey, UK
Hotel de France
Hotel de France
2,189 Reviews
Jersey, UK
Kingston-upon-Hull...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: nice restaurant

Thanks Bob for your helpful comment.just wondered if you have heard of or been to the seven angels restaurant down bath street .it looks quite nice on the reviews.would we be able to walk to it

Reply to: nice restaurant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St Helier