We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer to Grand hotel

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfer to Grand hotel

I will soon be staying at the Grand. Is getting the bus from the airport to the hotel an option? If so, please can someone tell me what bus number to take? I will be arriving midweek. Thanks!

York
Level Contributor
196 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfer to Grand hotel

Catching the bus is an option....providing you don't have a suitcase!

It's not an Airport bus as such, in other words, there are no racks to store your luggage. You might be lucky and be on it when it's quiet....otherwise, it's a bit of hassle.

Having said that, it is a lot cheaper than catching a taxi, so it depends whether your priorities are cost or comfort?

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfer to Grand hotel

The Grand have got a people carrier that I assume they use for transfers. Perhaps call them and see what they can do? If not the private one then they may be able to offer a shared coach transfer.

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfer to Grand hotel

The cheaper the better! Is the bus stop in St Helier close to the Grand?

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfer to Grand hotel

Try Bex's suggestion.

The Grand is a quality Hotel and they should be able to collect you. The last thing you want to do is struggle with your cases at the start of your hotel. The bus stop is about a 5/10 minute walk away. Although this doesn't sound much it is a very busy stretch of road and will not be a stroll in the Park :-)

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
704 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfer to Grand hotel

I would catch the bus as it is a pleasant journey and you will see bits of the island. It costs £1.50p each from the airport to Liberation Station (terminus). A taxi will cost about £15 which is not excessive but the difference will pay for a few glasses of wine at the hotel! As the bus will be empty when it starts from the airport, suitcases shouldn't be a problem. When you get to Liberation Station come out of the main doors and turn left. It is a 5 minute walk from there to the Grand. Just keep going straight and you will come across it on the right hand side. A good hotel with great public areas. The Champagne Bar is atmospheric and classy as is the food.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transfer to Grand hotel

Once again, you guys really should try catching the no15 bus before you start answering these questions!!

There is no need whatsoever to travel as far as the bus station and walk back as the bus passes directly infront of the Grand and the next stop after is less than a minute's walk away. Just tell the driver that you want to get off at the Grand and if he's in a good mood, he might even stop right outside - it has been known! ;)

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
704 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transfer to Grand hotel

That's good advice about the stop just after the Grand. It is almost immediately as you come off the dual carriageway and is in fact only a minute walk. Most of us go straight to Liberation Station as we then get an onward taxi. The benefit of the forums is that people can update posts from their own experience. Hope all this info helps!! Even if you miss the stop, it is no hardship walking the 5 minutes or so from the terminus as long as it is not throwing it down!

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport transfer to Grand hotel

Thank You Rozel - I'll be sure to try the Number Fifteen shortly.

9. Re: Airport transfer to Grand hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about St Helier
Recent Conversations