We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self Catering in St Helier

portsmouth
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Self Catering in St Helier

We are thinking of going self catering in St Helier next year however my husband wants an apartment with adequate parking. Can anyone give me some advice when you read some of the details on properties they give you very little information on this

Mentioned in this post
St Helier
St Helier
Jersey, UK
St. John, Jersey...
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Self Catering in St Helier

Hi,

I don't think either SACO or Liberty Apartments have their own parking, but there are plenty of car-parking spaces nearby:

Here's a map showing their location:

gov.je/TransportTechnicalServices/Transport/…

Here's how much they cost:

Here's how you pay (paycards):

Please note that the area around Liberty Apartments is essentially one big building-site and SACO is not much quieter.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g551613-d629563…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g551613-d119454…

portsmouth
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self Catering in St Helier

Many Thanks for the information we have seen Panama apartments advertised do you know anything about these.

St. John, Jersey...
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Self Catering in St Helier

Hi,

No personal experience but there's an informative thread here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186230-i489-k1654…

Nothing about parking though. The photo on their website shows limited off-street parking:

http://www.panamajersey.com/

The verdict on the Panama apartments seems to be 'cheap and cheerful but a bit basic'. Frankly it's not my favourite part of the island although you can walk to town.

Personally I would look at some of the self-catering options out of town:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g186230-c3-Jersey_Cha…

There's nothing special about St. Helier and it only makes sense to stay there if you don't have a car.

Mentioned in this post
St Helier
St Helier
Jersey, UK
St. John, Jersey...
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Self Catering in St Helier

Also worth looking at are the Jersey Heritage lets, though these are comparatively expensive:

www.jerseyheritage.org/heritage-holiday-lets

Mentioned in this post
Jersey
Jersey
Channel Islands, UK
WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Self Catering in St Helier

I realise you have stated St Helier but if you cannot get fixed up, please try La Rocco Apartments in St Brelade. They are overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, have plenty of parking outside your apartment and the accommodation is beautifully furnished with everything you could want. They are First Class.

Mentioned in this post
St Helier
St Helier
Jersey, UK
St Brelade
St Brelade
Jersey, UK
Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Self Catering in St Helier

I'd have to agree with the others, in that if you don't need to stay in St. Helier, there are good options elsewhere.

I can heartily recommend Les Ormes lodges, having stayed there a week or two back. It just feels like a little village of upmarket holiday homes, which is essentially what it is!

The lodges themselves have a higher standard of fit, finish and decor than any holiday apartments I've seen. My partner and I were more than happy. There is obviously car parking on-site.

The only thing that would concern me, is that because we went in Spetember, the area was fairly quiet and peaceful. It may not be the same during summer when there are excited kids nearby!

Les Ormes also have cottages and a standalone property at La Pulente, so it's definitely worth checking out their site to see if they have anything which suits your needs.

www.lesormes.je

Mentioned in this post
St Helier
St Helier
Jersey, UK
Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Self Catering in St Helier

None of the self catering in St Helier has 'adequate' parking I'm afraid.

The panama has a few spaces but it is worth noting that you can reserve one of these if available. You pay a little extra but I believe you're given the key to the bollard that blocks each one, so nobody can pinch it when you're out and about!

Otherwise there is plenty of nice self catering across the rest of the island.

Mentioned in this post
St Helier
St Helier
Jersey, UK
derbyshire
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Self Catering in St Helier

We can recommend the Amani self catering mews houses and apartments at St Brelade. They are relatively expensive compared to a lot of other self catering on the island, but they are in a great spot, 2 minutes walk to St Brelade's beach and the price includes a hire car. There is plenty of parking.

Mentioned in this post
St Brelade
St Brelade
Jersey, UK
UK
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Self Catering in St Helier

Re visiting Jersey next year. Have you looked at www.freedomholidays.com ?They have the largest selection of self catering in Jersey.

Mentioned in this post
Jersey
Jersey
Channel Islands, UK
Sweden, Maine
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Self Catering in St Helier

My friends stayed at the Panama Apartments and they are value for money - but I would say a little dated. They are situated at Havre Des Pas and so close to a beach and a walking distance into St. Helier - ten minutes walk "tops". If you want to stay close to St. Helier, they are probably the apartments which are the closest, as the other self catering are out of St. Helier. I believe that there are some self catering apartments at the Bulwarks in St. Aubin.

Mentioned in this post
Panama Apartments
Panama Apartments
105 Reviews
Jersey, UK
St Helier
St Helier
Jersey, UK
Get answers to your questions about St Helier