We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jersey in November

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
464 posts
20 reviews
16 helpful votes
Jersey in November

Hi

We are thinking of booking for Jersey in November and wondered what the temperature would be like and if most restaurants and amenities will be closed. Also would like a nice 4* hotel, we are 50 something and like eating out. Thanks for any suggestions.

london
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
10 reviews
30 helpful votes
1. Re: Jersey in November

I went last year in November and it was really nice - sunny enough to sit outside to eat (with your coat on!). The underground hospital museum was shut which disappointed me, and one or two restaurants in the north. But that was all.

I wouldn't recommend the hotel we stayed at though. Have you looked at Condor Breaks website? They have some good deals with the ferry included.

Jersey, United...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St. Helier
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
1,149 reviews
1,037 helpful votes
2. Re: Jersey in November

The weather in November can be stunning but then again it can be wet and cold. At the moment you can get a good idea from accuweather and certainly next week looks good as do the first few days in November. The problem with Jersey is it can change very quickly so unless you see a definite high pressure which is settled, it is unpredicatable.

I would probably stay in St. Helier that time of year as there is more to do if the weather is poor and the shops and bars are never far away. You have some very good 4* hotels such as The Grand, The Royal Yacht and The Radisson. Have a look at various web sites, including their own and see where the best deals are. Early Novemebr should be fairly easy getting a good deal. My preference probably would be the Radisson as it is overlookng the harbour, is very moden and will be quieter than both The Grand (on the main road) and The Royal Yacht (possibly noisy party goers at week-ends).

If you have your car you will have more choice around the Island but why not look for a cheapish flight (you will need to move fairly quickly as it is not far off) asnd prices rise steeply) and then rely on buses in the main and hire a car for a day or two to tour the Island. It is £1.50p from the airport to the bus terminus at Liberation Station and then a 5 minutwe walk to The Radisson or The Royal Yacht.

There is also the Tennerfest on until 16 Novemebr so some good eating expeiences are available near the Hotel such as The Museum Brasserie etc

Don't hesitate to get back once you have firmed up your plans.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
636 posts
16 reviews
14 helpful votes
3. Re: Jersey in November

All the best Jersey restaurants will be open in November and they will still be busy - the Locals like eating out so be prepared to book, especially over a weekend !!

We had a weekend break back in February and stayed at the Royal Yacht. It is a good choice for an ''out of season'' break as nearly everything you need is under one roof . 3 great restaurants, a number of different Bars and full use of all the Spa facilities mean that if the weather isn't good you won't have to travel to far to find what you need for your enjoyment !

They have some really good offers on at the moment .

We treated ourselves to a Platinum Room with Balcony and views out over the Harbour, it was very affordable at their winter prices and the room was quite luxurious and very comfortable!

Bex
Jersey
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
78 reviews
116 helpful votes
4. Re: Jersey in November

November is a great time to come for good hotel deals, and as mentioned if you're coming early in the month you can take advantage of Tennerfest to eat out. So far I've eaten at the Harbour View in St Aubins and Ad Lib. Both were just lovely.

Jerseytravel.com have a good deal for the Hotel De France at the moment, around £120 pp for a 3 night stay. The Radisson has 3 for 3 offers also.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
22 reviews
36 helpful votes
5. Re: Jersey in November

We have been going to Jersey for years. More recently in November. For the last few years we have been walking on the beach from Quaisne to St Brelades quite warm, I wore a sweater and my wife a coat.. A number of hotels offer a car included deal. In November a car gets you around and parking outside St Helier is no problem. Yes some cafe's are closed but you can alwys get a ccffee in most bays. Advising hotels is subjective. We used to stay in St Helier at The Grand very nice. Now we stay at the Atlantic, Excellent. They do a winter deal including car. Expensive, yes, worth it, every penny. Enjoy your stay wherever you go. Looking forward to our return on the 1st.

6. Re: Jersey in November

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about St. Helier
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.