We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family holiday to Jersey in August 2010

N Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
327 reviews
Save Topic
Family holiday to Jersey in August 2010

My husband and I would like to bring our three children to Jersey for a holiday (ages 7, 9 and 13) in early August. I do not want to stay in 2 hotel rooms so was thinking of an appartment or cottage preferably without the need for a car but if car needed then so be it. Any advice, suggestions most welcome as I do not know where to start.

Many thanks

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family holiday to Jersey in August 2010

For apartments etc you could try www.freedomholidays.com or telephone 01534 725259. A lot of apartments are already booked up for August but you will find more if you google 'holiday apartments for rent in Jersey'.

Alternatively, have you thought about camping. The Rozel campsite in St. Martin in very well regarded with ready erected tents overlooking France. If the weather is good what could be better for your three children. They will also find it easier to make friends at a campsite than in an apartment. Rozel camp site also has a swimming pool and a small shop and evening take away service.

Wherever you stay, it is strongly recommended to have a car to get to all parts of the Island. The buses are OKish in the summer but with 5 of you, particularly if you head to the beaches at St. Brelade or St. Ouen, a car is so much easier but it depends on where you finally decide to stay.

If you hire a car, it is worth considering europcar as they offer zero excess on the insurance which in my opinion is a must.

Hope you find what you are looking for and have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Rozel
Rozel
Jersey, UK
Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family holiday to Jersey in August 2010

Les Ormes Lodge and Holiday village at St Brelades always comes out popular with families.

Have a look at the reviews

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g551611-d107…

As Bob says definately hire a car you won't regret it and I wouldn't wait to long before making a booking for August !

St. John, Jersey...
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Family holiday to Jersey in August 2010

Also check out the Heritage lets:

www.jerseyheritage.org/heritage-holiday-lets

N Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family holiday to Jersey in August 2010

many thanks for your suggestions - i think we need to stop thinkingaabout it and get booking. Some useful tips. Many thanks again

N Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family holiday to Jersey in August 2010

thank you for your suggestions

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family holiday to Jersey in August 2010

Another vote for Les Ormes here!

They have a wide variety of accommodation, from lodges to cottages at the beach, so it'd maybe be worth enquiring to see if they have something that suits. They'd certainly have something big enough, as you can hire adjoining (and linked) standard lodges, or range lodges which are a little bit bigger.

Don't be put of by the 'holiday village' thing, they're about as far removed from a typical holiday village as it's possible to get. The lodges are really rather swish!

london
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family holiday to Jersey in August 2010

yes...hurry up!

we went on a family holiday to jersey for the first time last year - me, hubby daughter of 25 and son of 14 and we loved it so much we've booked to go back in August. we stayed at the Lyndhurst guest house in St Aubin last year (not impressed with guesthouse but area lovely) but have decided to splurge and are staying at the Amani apartments this year. i've seen a few reviews on here about it so have high hopes! there is another site for the jersey heritage trust that have unusual / interesting places to stay as well.

derbyshire
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family holiday to Jersey in August 2010

We have stayed at Amani in St Brelades a few times. It is a small luxury development very near the beach. A two bed mews house would probably accommodate all of you. They are high spec houses or apartments and although expensive they do include hire care for the duration of your stay. They are situated 50 metres from the excellent beach at St Brelade's which the children will love. There is a very good Pizza Express nearby and a couple of other child friendly cafes both in easy walking distance. Have a look at the website. We have booked this years break through Freedom Holidays which have a very good selection of s/c properties.

Good luck.

Jonny

Mentioned in this post
Pizza Express
Pizza Express
162 Reviews
Jersey, UK
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family holiday to Jersey in August 2010

La Haule Manor also has some nice self catering accommodation, it might be booked up by now but they are excellent with children, have a lovely pool and hot tub. They provide excellent service and are in a good location. We stayed in the hotel on two occassions with our 9 year old son and we are returning again this year.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family holiday to Jersey in August 2010

The top places to go that seem popular with the kids are pretty much as per the reviews on this site: Mont Orguiel, aMaizin Adventure Park and Durrell. All three are good for the different ages mentioned here.

Of course the beaches are free, but on a windy or overcast day the attractions mentioned will provide good entertainment.

Get answers to your questions about St Helier
Recent Conversations