We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic dinner venue?

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
romantic dinner venue?

Hi looking for somewhere for a special romantic dinner - would like both superb food and atmosphere if that is not too much to ask! ravelling 6 June.Thanks

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: romantic dinner venue?

If its St Helier then in my opinion it has to be the Sirocco Restaurant , Royal Yacht. The food is very good and the ambience perfect for a romantic meal for two. If the weather is good you can sit outside and eat on the Terrace enjoying the views over the Harbour and St Aubins Bay. Treat yourself to a glass of champagne in the P O S H bar before your meal for the perfect start to a romantic evening .

Outside St Helier - it has to be The Oyster Box . A lovely modern restaurant with a real buzzy atmosphere right on the edge of St Brelades Bay.What could be more romantic than eating your meal and watching the sun set over such a beautiful Bay. Make sure you book a table by the window !!

St. John, Jersey...
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: romantic dinner venue?

Sorry to rain on the parade but I had a dreadful dinner recently at the Sirocco - probably the worst I've had in a major restaurant - and for my business colleague (who was paying) it was the second lousy meal there in a row.

I agree about the Oyster Box. There's also Cheffins, Tassili (or however it's spelt) at the Grand and the Ocean at the Atlantic. I'm afraid most of the romantic candle-lit establishments on the coast bit the dust years ago.

St. John, Jersey...
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: romantic dinner venue?

There's also the Bohemia:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g551613-d1…

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: romantic dinner venue?

I guess you have to speak as you find but 2 weeks ago whilst staying at the Royal Yacht we enjoyed a very good meal at the Sirocco.

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: romantic dinner venue?

If I was looking for a romantic dinner I would avoid Sirrocco. On a sunny weekend the Royal Yacht is always jam-packed and noisy. Not my idea of a romantic atmosphere.

For Intimacy (at reasonable cost) try the Candlelight at the Revere, The Green Olive, Green Island Restaurant, Roseville Bistro, Cheffins, Bistro Soleil, Petit Pomme at the Pomme D'or Hotel.

If you want to splash a bit more cash then Ocean at the Atlantic, Longueville Manor or Sumas. Maybe Bohemia - but I don't like the atmosphere in the place.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: romantic dinner venue?

Or:

Capannina - v. expensive

Bistro Central - same as Oyster Box

Salty Dog - intimate

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: romantic dinner venue?

Absolutely - avoid downstairs outside the Cafe Zephyr at the 'Yacht 'on a sunny evening it is extremely noisy and busy . However upstairs in the Sirocco the atmosphere is quiet and extremely intimate . Still my favourite choice for St Helier !

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: romantic dinner venue?

thanks for all these suggestions - very helpful. It will be a Monday evening, which should not be so busy, the flip side being that often places close, or are so quiet there is zilch atmosphere and it can even be a bit intimidating. I have looked at bohemia, but the menu is maybe one of those suffering from an overdose of pretensiousness?

jersey
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: romantic dinner venue?

Just one point about Sirocco, if you are eating on a monday in June thay are

doing a 2 for 1.We did this a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic.

Bridgend,Mid Glam
Level Contributor
83 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: romantic dinner venue?

One of my favourite restaurants in St Helier is famiy run Minos (Bath Street) . You often have to book and the locals use this little gem. The restaurant is very small in size (my kitchen at home is bigger) and dont expect 5* but if you want good food at a reasonable price - try here. Dress code is casual. Daily special board. Tables are close together so that may not be romantic.

Get answers to your questions about St Helier
Recent Conversations