We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

price of cigarettes in Jersey

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,950 posts
74 reviews
100 helpful votes
price of cigarettes in Jersey

Which is cheapest - duty free airport cigarettes before we leave, or wait until we arrive in Jersey to buy? Looking to get black Superkings.

Thanks for any help!

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
27 reviews
36 helpful votes
1. Re: price of cigarettes in Jersey

Duty free is cheaper than the local shops. You might be best to buy before you leave as I don't recognize the brand.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
15 reviews
24 helpful votes
2. Re: price of cigarettes in Jersey

Duty Free is always cheapest. If you can, it is even cheaper on the plane (FlyBe don't sell these though, check their website).

You cannot buy Duty Free on arrival in Jersey like you can in the UK, so you'll need to buy before you board

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,950 posts
74 reviews
100 helpful votes
3. Re: price of cigarettes in Jersey

Thank you for your replies

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
22 reviews
36 helpful votes
4. Re: price of cigarettes in Jersey

The days of cheap, in Jersey have long gone. You might save on VAT. Drinks in pubs are certainly more expensive than our locals and I'm not talking a few pence. Not that it stops me returning. Certainly get the duty free, preferably at The UK side

Bex
Jersey
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
78 reviews
116 helpful votes
5. Re: price of cigarettes in Jersey

Also, bear in mind that not all brands are even sold in Jersey, and bizarrely we can only buy 10 packs of 3 or 4 brands. On the upside, the packet from machines in pubs have a full 20 and cost the same as they do in the shops!

(not that any of this matters to me... I'm giving up!)

6. Re: price of cigarettes in Jersey

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about St. Helier
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.