We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time to Jersey

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
First Time to Jersey

My husband and I are thinking of booking a few days to Jersey and I have read that St Helier is the best place to stay as it's central. Can anyone recommend a clean hotel/b&B in St Helier for no more than about £60 per night?

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
759 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time to Jersey

It all depends on when you intend to visit as prices vary considerably from season to season. There's a range of hotels but £60 a night is probably at the lower end and you will be limited in St. Helier itself. I suggest you go onto a booking site such as Hotels.com or in fact Tripadvisor and put in the dates of your intended visit and see what comes up that takes your fancy.

If you want advice on a short list don't hesitate to get back to us.

Level Contributor
39,647 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time to Jersey

St Helier is the main town but we like staying in Gorey, very picturesque. check out these websites to see whats available for your budget.

Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time to Jersey

If you are talking about this Summer you will have to get on a booking site now and see what is still available, good places may well be booked solid.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
300 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time to Jersey

If you're relying on buses then St Helier is the best option as most routes radiate out from the Liberation Station in the centre. For summer there may be a few in that price range, maybe Normandie and Norfolk, possibly Alhambra. booking.com is another useful site, or use the Jersey Tourist Board one.

Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,151 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time to Jersey

Pop your dates into www.jerseytravel.com and see what comes up. £60 a night will be a challenge if it's in high summer, but depending how long you are staying there might be 'free night' offers available that brings the average down to closer to that.

Let us know if you need any specific advice :)

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
5,025 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Time to Jersey

Jersey.com (the tourist info. web site) shows a range of accommodation or package holiday options/companies.

JerseyTravelService have some accommodation only deals at around £60 per night (e.g less than £200 for 3 nights) in August. You may get a better deal if you book flights (or ferry) with them as well. As others have said it does depend on the time of year - I have paid as little as £14 per night B&B in a 3 star hotel in January.

If you can get the right rate the Runnymeade Court is clean and cosy with friendly staff, though the rooms are rather dated (1970s decor) and some have small bathrooms. The Morington is an option and gets decent reviews,

7. Re: First Time to Jersey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about St Helier
Recent Conversations