We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Fare

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Fare

Can anyone tell me how much it costs for a taxi from St Helier to St Aubin?

Jersey
Level Contributor
264 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Fare

Somewhere around £12 depending on time of day and wheabouts in St Helier you go from. Plenty of buses go that way so consider that instead (#12, 14, 15).

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Fare

Thank you Nigs

We arrive in a weeks time - first visit, so I'm busy trying to plan where to go/how to get there etc.

I've just looked at the buses and there certainly seems to be plenty of options. We are staying in St Aubin.

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Fare

Do bear in mind that our delightful bus drivers are planning a strike next week, much to the consternation of most of the Island. The dates announced are 22 & 23 August and then 27, 28 and 29 August. (Note that they will coincidentally not be missing out on any bank holiday overtime).

Of course these strikes might be called off last minute, but it might be worth planning something that doesn't require the buses if you're here on those dates. Tantivy Blue Coach offer Island tours, and round trips from your hotel to some of the most popular attractions http://www.tantivybluecoach.com/

You can find up to date strike info on www.libertybus.je; I can only apologise on behalf of the Island if these impact on your holiday at all.

Bex

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Fare

Bex

Many thanks for the info. Very disappointing that it clashes with the exact time we are there and without a car! Fingers crossed that they might change their minds. Don't fancy spending the week in the hotel !

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Fare

Don't worry too much Karen; there is of course a chance that it won't go ahead, and even if it does they are hoping to operate a skeleton service - the number 15 runs from the Airport to St Helier through St Aubin regularly, so in my opinion if they only run one that'll be it.

St Helier is a pleasant walk from St Aubin; less than an hour along the flat wide promenade, and you can also reach St Brelade and even Corbiere easily along the railway walk from St Aubin in the other direction. Do consider booking a couple of trips with Tantivy though; and if you fancy the war tunnels you could either walk from St Aubin or if you reach St Helier they operate their own vintage bus regularly. Details are on their website.

Bex

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,190 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Fare

I could not do the walk from St Aubin to St Helier in an hour!!! If there is any chance at all that you could hire a car, it might be a good idea.

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Fare

Just to update; here is the latest from Liberty Bus who will be running a skeleton service during the strike action...

libertybus.je/news/….UhTcONKORc1

Jersey
Destination Expert
for Jersey
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Fare

BREAKING NEWS : The Bus Strike has been called off altogether :)

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Fare

Wonderful news!

Thanks for posting :)

10. Re: Taxi Fare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about St Helier
Recent Conversations