We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi & Luggage

Which St Peter Port hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
192 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
taxi & Luggage

1.Can anyone tell me if there are any safe places to leave luggage while looking around St Peters Port.

2. How much per mile is a taxi .

3. Approximate cost of taxi across across the island

Thanks

Guernsey, Channel...
Level Contributor
398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi & Luggage

Hello - I don't think there are places you can leave luggage, ie, out of a hotel, etc.

Taxis are extremely expensive, as a resident I try to avoid using them. I don't think they have a mileage tarriff for across Island.

Sorry to be so negative, maybe the reason you have had no responses is because we don't want to give you 'non-responsive' answers, but one of us has to be polite enough to answer your post.

uk
Level Contributor
192 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi & Luggage

Many thanks for your reply

We went to Guernsey and were advised taxis were expensive, as we did not see one we opted for the bus which was fine.

I was told there is a place where you can leave luggage with the Steveadores but they are not open at weekends. Ths would need checking

If we go again we would be happy to use the excellent bus service but would advise studying the different routes as it is possible to catch different numbers with a 10 min walk.

We enjoyed Guernsey and our walk despite the rain

Many thanks again for your reply

3. Re: taxi & Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 08:15
Get answers to your questions about St Peter Port