We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three nights in Guernsey

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Three nights in Guernsey

Hi everyone,

We live in Jersey and are coming over to Guernsey for a romantic break over Valentines weekend. It will be our first visit to Guernsey. We are staying at the Old Government House (Friday to Monday) and are looking for some restaurant suggestions. I have had a quick look at the restaurant page but am aware that in Jersey some of my favourite restaurants (the Salty Dog, El Tico and Feast) are listed quite far down the rankings such that I don't just want to rely on the rankings table for Guernsey. If anyone has any suggestions for good restaurants with fresh and tasty food and generous portions then please do let me know. As it's a special trip we would also like to book one really nice restaurant for the Friday or Saturday night, although I would prefer if it were not too exorbitant. Something which is the equivalent of Longueville Manor in Jersey would be nice.

Many thanks in advance.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three nights in Guernsey

Just down the road and along the seafront is the Nautique - excellent food but a little pricey. Mora is great food with average prices, in the Pollet you have Petit Bistro, great food good price just be prepared for very slow service (continental style) and Nellos, good food average prices. Enjoy your stay.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three nights in Guernsey

Second Le Nautique : consistently good cuisine

http://www.lenautiquerestaurant.co.uk/

I also like La Fregate, which overlooks the town roofs and beyond to the sea:

http://www.lafregatehotel.com/restaurant/

I also like Le Petit Bistro for a more casual dining experience, but agree that service can be painfully slooooow.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Three nights in Guernsey

I've never eaten there, but I've always liked the looks of it (great view)

http://theauberge.gg/

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Three nights in Guernsey

oh, and there's a little eatery at Fermain Bay,, don't know if it's open in Feb, but it's supposed to be quite good ...

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g551622-…

Edited: 24 January 2014, 17:42
Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Three nights in Guernsey

telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruises/northerneurop…

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Three nights in Guernsey

I would recommend the Petit Bistro, good french food, great atmosphere. They do a reduced price early bird as well. It is just in St Peter Port so a 2 minute walk from the OGH

Also recommend Mora on the sea front or if you're looking for cheaper but delicious the Creperie on Smiths street is also really good. It is the closest restaurant to the OGH too!

Guernsey
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Three nights in Guernsey

I would recommend Pier 17 in St PP always delicious food and nice staff/atmosphere , hope you have a lovely break :)

London
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Three nights in Guernsey

Thanks for all the recommendations! We are really looking forward to our first trip to Guernsey. I just hope the flights are operating later this afternoon!

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Three nights in Guernsey

I really hope you made it over - the weather appears to be brightening up and, if you did make it, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Three nights in Guernsey

fingers crossed for you (albeit a bit late ^_^)

Get answers to your questions about St Peter Port